Light-O-Rama Forums

It's Almost September - Will My Copy of S6 Stop Working?

Steven

18 minutes ago, bigred023 said:

Seems like a big fail to release a beta and then have a hard end to the trial period without any plan in between. 

They had a plan to release S6 before September 1, but something failed at the last minute.

Had not thought about that, but LORPost would not run.  It did run after I first installed 5.6.8 today, but not now.  Did a "Repair" of the installation and nothing changed

Uninstalled 5.6.8, verify program files directory is gone (for LOR), registry wipe, rebooting now.  Will reinstall after the reboot.

After re-install of 5.6.8, I still have the CP Quick Start that I can't get past.

Guess I will be dark tonight...  DAMN!

I wonder if it would do any good to temporarily move all the data files elsewhere and then do a really clean install.

Kinda makes it frustrating.   I wonder if there is a problem with updating the new Beta they had to turn it off.  Last that I can remember, if my software comes in beta, is quickly upgraded and does not stop.  This must be a major problem for LOR for them to do this.

1 hour ago, PhilMassey said:

I wonder if it would do any good to temporarily move all the data files elsewhere and then do a really clean install.

Essentially I do - at least until LORPost runs automatically.  Because I don't have data files in the "default" location.

My point was to run lorpost to an empty folder. Perhaps there is a file in there that has been changed by S6 that is stopping the load of CP.

So i've been playing around with it this AM and have got it to downgrade to 5.6.8.

I tried the direct downgrade first without uninstalling and it failed completely and would not start.

Uninstall S6 beta. Did not regwipe.

Rename the data folder in documents to Light O Rama S6.

Install 5.6.8.

Control panel started automatically, working.

Renamed data folder back to Light O Rama.

Opened an app from the CP right click menu and Lorpost ran.

All seems to be working.

Of course YMMV.

LOR website has not updated the new S6 yet so will try this later after I get most of my work completed today.  Thanks for a remedy!!!

John

Damn, it was weird walking out the front door and having the entire front yard totally dark...

Hope LOR gets this resolved today!

15 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

My point was to run lorpost to an empty folder. Perhaps there is a file in there that has been changed by S6 that is stopping the load of CP.

Did not help.  Created a temp empty directory for LOR files.  Uninstalled 5.6.8, registry wipe, re-downloaded 5.6.8 (just to be sure), installed it.  It did the initial LORPost and I assigned it to the temp directory.  It created all the sub-folders, and then came up with the damn CP Quick Start with no way to get out of it, nor any way to do anything with the LOR light bulb in the system tray.  Trying to execute LORPost fails to run.  Used Task Manager to kill it.  Repeated the whole process except this time pointed to the "normal" LOR files directory location.  Same thing - the dam CP QuickStart.

In all cases, if I start Sequencer from the Windows Start menu, and select "About" it correctly reports that it is registered to be with a Pro license.

Light-O-Rama S5 Sequencer (64-bit), Version 5.6.8
Pro Edition
Copyright 2016-2021 Light-O-Rama, Inc.
Registered to: Jim Walls

Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Essentials 64-bit
Intel® Xeon® CPU   L5520 @ 2.27GHz
Microsoft Basic Display Adapter
OpenGL version: 1.1.0

Note, Sequencer does report that I can't load any sequences because my OpenGL driver is too old (and is not upgradable) - but this has been the case for years.

Well, so much for the new S6 beta coming out today.  Guess I will be dark (I assume) all weekend - unless someone comes up with a solution to the damn CS Quick Start screen that I can't get passed after downgrading to 5.6.8...

Edited by k6ccc

Happy to report that my show is running with 6.0.10.  Some new stuff on the create shows that will likely require attention.  Each show will have an indication and maybe text of readiness to play.  There is a square with two arrows pointing in that force a "Prepare show".  It may or may not work and gives little or no information on why not.  If you double click on the show to edit it, you can select the Verifier and that MIGHT give any useful information - I'm getting error 57 on one sequence, but the help only goes to 54 (but the show played with that file just fine).

More after some more time poking.  I was more concerned with getting my lights on...

• Like 1

I just uploaded mine but just went thru some of the sequences to see if they just loaded and retained my settings.  So far, no issues.  Great to hear its working but still needs attention.  I guess this is why they call it BETA.....LOL