Light-O-Rama Forums

It's Almost September - Will My Copy of S6 Stop Working?

Steven

The information on this forum info page says: "Users will no longer have access to use any version of the S6 Beta on their devices beginning September 1, 2022."

It's not that big a deal for me, since I have to go to work tomorrow anyway, but will I be able to use S6 to sequence this weekend?

I just fired up my s6.0.8 beta Sequencer (the morning of September 1, 2022).  

"This beta has expired.  Please download a newer version from the Light-O-Rama website."

I'm thinking beta testing is soooooooo yesterday.

Yup. 6.0.8 has expired as of this morning Sept 01.

Two options. Wait for the official release of S6 or reinstall S5.6.8.

I was running my overnight show when we rolled into the 1st.  The show continued running properly until is ended, and then it quit and will not restart with the same error message.

So LOR, time for some action...

I found this

"The production version of S6 will be released before the end of August"

August is over

Does anyone know whats the scoop?

Please

Slight correction to my earlier post.  The show player did not run until the running show ended - it shut down early.  When the sun came up this morning, the show triggered an interactive sequence that functionally shuts down the show, but as far as the show computer is concerned, the show is still running.  Because of what I do, there is one light still on.  At 0700 the show times out, and shuts down (turning off the one light and what it thinks is the rest of the show), however according to my security cameras, the one light turned off at 06:30:07.  When I remoted into show computer at about 0640, I saw that it had shut down as reported in my earlier post.

LOR just extended the Beta till Oct 1st

Till Sept 2nd, we can't do anything as 6.0.8 stopped functioning

Edited by dgrant

19 minutes ago, dgrant said:

LOR just extended the Beta till Oct 1st

How do we get it to work? its still gives same message?

Thank You Found It, Here It Is

Beta Testing LOR S6

The Beta software is FREE to download to any machine with an activated Light-O-Rama license from the past 5 years. The Beta testing period for S6 has been extended to September 30, 2022. Another Beta version will be released by the end of the day on September 2, 2022, incorporating feedback received during the initial July/August Beta period.

So what happens now? My beta copy of s6.0.8 has expired with the above message and I no longer have the installer file so I can't reinstall. I just have to wait until tomorrow before I can reactivate my shows? 

I know It's a beta but that's a pretty crappy user experience. 

I had a copy of 6.0.8 beta and tried the repair install. Didn't work.

Since I don't need it tonight I'll wait, rather than going back to S5 which takes about 30s.......

Would have been nicer if they had put 6.0.8 back up but either it was hard-coded to fail today or the license database was too much trouble to change for this version. I wanted to work on two sequences today too. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

4 hours ago, Samthelightmaster said:

How do we get it to work? its still gives same message?

You could disable the internet, then change your date/time on the computer back, but frankly, its not worth messing things up rather than waiting till tomorrow.

Realizing it's past business closing time in New York, I can safely assume that there is no fix for S6 today, so my only choices were to be dark tonight, or uninstall S6 and reinstall 5.6.8.  No problem, I can downgrade to S5 remotely.  Uninstalled, made sure C:\program files(x86) no longer has a Light-O-Rama directory.  Run the Registry Wipe (leaving my registration information), and reinstall 5.6.8.

Problem, when I start LOR, I get screen that is almost the entire display that says "CP Quick Start" and is a whole page of instructions on the Control Panel - with no way to exit that screen (there is an X in the upper right corner, but it's grayed out).  I can not move that screen either.  Meanwhile I can see the LOR red light bulb in the try and resting the mouse pointer over it results in a popup that says "Light-O-Rama: scheduled play is off".  Neither right nor left click on the light bulb results in anything.  I can open any of the LOR programs from the start menu, but have very limited ability to change things (for example, I can not add anything beyond the Regular network (which were wiped out in this process).  This computer has been running 5.6.8 from the day that it came out until the S6 beta started.  There is nothing the search could find about "Quick Start" in the help.  Rebooting the computer did not help.

Light-O-Rama S5 Sequencer (64-bit), Version 5.6.8
Pro Edition
Copyright 2016-2021 Light-O-Rama, Inc.
Registered to: Jim Walls

Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Essentials 64-bit
Intel® Xeon® CPU   L5520 @ 2.27GHz
Microsoft Basic Display Adapter
OpenGL version: 1.1.0

Any suggestions?

Edited by k6ccc

9 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

Yup. 6.0.8 has expired as of this morning Sept 01.

Two options. Wait for the official release of S6 or reinstall S5.6.8.

Yep, now I find out after I emailed you......

Super disappointed that if I want to use the software I have to reinstall an older version. I am sure I am in the minority of wanting to use it heavily today, but it just so happened I have been in the middle of installing permanent strips on my home for the last 2 days and would really like to test them. Seems like a big fail to release a beta and then have a hard end to the trial period without any plan in between. 

Just now, PhilMassey said:

What happens if you terminate in TaskMan and start manually.

No difference.