Light-O-Rama Forums

What new songs are you adding to your show for 2022?

Sctiger

I've got like 58 songs/sequences in my show for this year, but I'm splitting them in half for alternating nights. I've also created mashup(s) of various songs and using in single sequence(s). A few sequences are only played once during startup. As for the two main shows, there are a few duplicates for the more popular ones. Halloween has like 15 or less but a few mashups too. This year, first time, I'm adding video to both shows so there will be a lot more to see/experience.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dr_Aplet said:

I want to ask how many sequences do you all do for the Christmas season?  I might be doing it weird... I have 16+ songs + 6 parts of the Christmas story.  I was trying to break them up so that each night was different from the previous.  My show tends to be about 30 minutes long. :

I'm with Jim on this one. I also use MIIP.  I have anywhere from 28 to 35+ songs but not all of them are in my rotation. I've sequenced several non-Christmas songs that either are just cool or they mean something to family members. They can be voted into the rotation but it's not like it's constantly playing. In years past before MIIP, I would run a "Children's Show" on certain days. I used a voiceover artist off of fiverr to mention the day and time it would run during the regular show but also had other voice overs for the children's show too.  One thing I've learned about this hobby, you're only limited by your imagination and bank account so if you can dream it and pay for it, you probably can do it. 😂

• Haha 1

well i have over 100 songs and my display plays for over 3 hours , but this year i added Judy Pancoast  house on Christmas street made for my Display version and Kenny Chesney Thank God for Kids so i will have to eliminate some other songs.

15 hours ago, k6ccc said:

I currently have 14 songs + several announcements.  I add another song or two every year or two.  I should have # 15 in the show this year.  I run BobO's MIIP so viewers can select which song to play next.  If no one is voting songs up or down, the show player just plays the songs and announcements in whatever order they happened to be based on the last song voting.  The only exception is opening night where I at least start with a specific sequence order.

My mind is blown about BobO MIIP.  I love the idea.  Darn you all.  Just when i thought i had a handle on it you introduce voter controls! WOW.  i haven't see a cost for the MIIP.  What is the cost?

5 hours ago, Dr_Aplet said:

i haven't see a cost for the MIIP.  What is the cost?

That's the most remarkable thing! It's free! BobO is a super talented and helpful guy. Always there for others. There is a PayPal link to donate to help defray the costs and for appreciation of his time and effort though. (Which I need to utilize more honstly!)

The last Bob sent me was he was not sure he would get to it for this year.  After that, he asked some questions on one of the threads about if the concept would work or not.  So might be a chance.  For now, I am planning to stay with S5.  To be honest, the people like the voting more than the songs I think.   Not to mention that I am having bypass surgery in 2 weeks so I am not even sure how the show is going to go this year.  I have over 60 songs but that is the great thing about the voting, the ones people want are the ones that play for them.  

• Like 1

MIIP is absolutely awesome. Everyone think is the coolest thing ever that they can control the show from their cars. I get to see how many visitors. Periodically I check it just to see if people are going to it throughout the year. and surprisingly I get some. 
we bought a bigger house back in May. With remodeling, and having to do a new pixel preview on the house, there is absolutely no way I’m gonna have time for a show this year.. I’ll be dark this year. But I am sequencing. lol and I need close to 6000 more pixels for next year in order to do what I want to do. I’ll get there! Just too much going on this year. I’m looking forward to seeing everyone’s though! So MAKEM GOOD! 😉  

OOOOOO  did someone say VINYL,,  yes ,yes.   Audiophile here , was in the high end audio biz for 54 years,   lots VINYL here 6,000 LP's..  Most folks have no idea what the quality level there is on a LP , of course you need the right equipment extract it.   So my crazy audiophile self spilled into the sound system for the display, the system has main speakers by KEF and  a pair of subwoofers I built , there is a 200 watt per channel amp for the main speakers and 200 watt per channel for the subs. Of course we have a fm transmitter.   We have a lots of folks that come and stand across the street to watch and listen , they love it ,so do our neighbors.

David

• Like 1

Don’t know if this is the right spot? But, here goes. I was wondering if anyone had We don’t talk about Bruno? I thought I could get it done, but teaching this year has taken up way more time than normal years. So I don’t think it’s going to happen. So I thought I would see if anyone had a copy they might be willing to share. Thank you I would greatly appreciate it and so would my kids.

5 minutes ago, Price Family Lights said:

Don’t know if this is the right spot? But, here goes. I was wondering if anyone had We don’t talk about Bruno? I thought I could get it done, but teaching this year has taken up way more time than normal years. So I don’t think it’s going to happen. So I thought I would see if anyone had a copy they might be willing to share. Thank you I would greatly appreciate it and so would my kids.

I started a thread for this song earlier this year.  I believe there are a few people working on it.  I will let them respond with status.

54 minutes ago, hasslerk said:

I started a thread for this song earlier this year.  I believe there are a few people working on it.  I will let them respond with status.

Ok thank you. Must have missed it or I would have posted to that thread. Thanks.

Last year, a young visitor requested Feliz Navidad (because his parent asked him to tell me what song he would like). So I'm doing that, but also adding Police Stop My Car, because I can copy/paste between those, although one of the sequences will have more red and blue flashing lights.

7 hours ago, Dennis Laff said:

I thought earlier in the year JR was working on it for faces.

I completed it. 

Will shoot you a PM.

JR

9 hours ago, dibblejr said:

I completed it. 

Will shoot you a PM.

JR

JR if have Bruno I would absolutely love it. Thank You so much. 
Mike

19 hours ago, Steven said:

So I'm doing that, but also adding Police Stop My Car, because I can copy/paste between those, although one of the sequences will have more red and blue flashing lights.

Nice! I'm always amazed at the diversity of songs everyone has. I'm curious how y'all find these songs. I've never heard a lot of them.