Light-O-Rama Forums

New To RGB's-Help with Arch's

Norcal

Hello: Need to help with hooking up RGB Smart pixels to my newly built arches. 8 Arch's 50 Pixels each. I have a Pixie 8 controller and my question is how many leads off of the pixie 8 controller do i use? 1 for each arch? Or 2 arch's on 1 lead, 4 arch's on 1 lead and inject power ? What way would be easiest to sequence when i get to that step.

Same would apply to my row of 8 Smart mini tree line?

Thanks in Advance. Glen. 

1 hour ago, Norcal said:

Hello: Need to help with hooking up RGB Smart pixels to my newly built arches. 8 Arch's 50 Pixels each. I have a Pixie 8 controller and my question is how many leads off of the pixie 8 controller do i use? 1 for each arch? Or 2 arch's on 1 lead, 4 arch's on 1 lead and inject power ? What way would be easiest to sequence when i get to that step.

Same would apply to my row of 8 Smart mini tree line?

Thanks in Advance. Glen. 

Length is your enemy (Resistance is not futile. It is a PAIN!)   12V make it less painful.

Put the controller between Arch 4 and 5.  That keeps the feed cable shortest. ALSO put the feeds toward the controller.

In HU, Reverse (tick) Ports 1 and 2. Because you flipped the feed end, you still want node 1 hard left

Connect Arch 1 to arch 2, that goes to Port 1, Do the same for the other 6 arches, each pair to the next port.

Sequence as 100 Nodes (150 channels)