Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Tree - First Try

Frozen Tundra

Hi everyone.

I am need of some help.

This is my second year setting up LOR.

I am trying to set up and test my LOR Pixel Tree.

This is set up.

(1) AC controller (unit id # 1)

(1) N4-G4 MP3 Director

(1) LOR Pixel Tree Pixie 8 controller (unit # 2)

I have downloaded the motion pack and created a SD.

I am running software version 5.6.8 Pro.

I have have watched so many videos and read so many manuals. I should be a Pro Programmer. But I am still unable to get the tree to light up.

Is there a step by set set up on here that I can follow. This is just the first of many Pixel lights I would like to set up this winter.

Wish List for this Winter - I live in Alberta, Canada so I would like to be prepared. Long before the snow flies.

(8) RGB Mini trees

(2) RGB Star Bursts

(8) 10 watt RGB Floods

(8) 50  watt RGB Floods

(6) Singing faces.

AC Controllers

(1) Windows and doors

(1) Leaping Arches

(1) Start Bursts

(1) 16 Stars

Thank you in advance to everyone for any advice and help anyone can offer me. Only 128 days till Christmas

You do know that when you say the Pixie 8 is Unit ID 2 it is actually 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 as each port is assigned an ID, right?

How are you testing? A LOR dongle or loading the SD card , then in the N4-G4?

If using the Adapter, for other than simple HU setting, tests. You need the High Speed (formerly Red) version.

Also remember the Pixie 8 uses 8 ID's (1 per port): 02-09 for the first Pixie, each additional will use another 8 ID. You set the BASE ID

(I am used to Hex counting, so all my Pixies are on natural Binary boundaries: x0,x8.   0-9,A-F

Noting your list: You have both Smart and Dumb items listed. IMHO rearrange that list to group dumb together, then count Smart nodes to figure out what network capacities you need (you are at 2 right now)

If you are using LOR Sequences - The LOR 16x25 Pixel Tree uses Unit ID 40 so set the ID on the Pixie8 to Unit ID40 - and you should Recreate SD Card and be good to go

Edited by Jimehc