Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie2D controller

Norcal

Hi guys: need help only my first 6 bulbs on each 2 strands are lighting up and changing colors all the rest are dark.

they all test good in they HU pixie test.

G4-MP3 show director w/LOR SD card, Pixie bulbs C9 

You don't have the device configured as a Pixie/RGB device with 50 Pixels.

Remember that the Pixie devices are going to take 2 Unit ID's, which means that if you set it to 01, it's going to use 01 and 02. If you set it to 09, it will use 09 and 0A.

Hello,Set the controller per instructions, still only the first 6 bulbs are lighting.

I'm using LOR TSO card w/G4 MP3 Showtime director. 

3 hours ago, Norcal said:

I Have S5 5.6.8 pro

any link to show me how to configure the Pixie controller. its done in the SE

controller settings are done in HU.

ALSO the The Dip switches affect the LOR ID unless set to 0, then HU.

(If not 0, the ID reverts next power cycle)

BTW AFAIK TSO is for Dumb strings unless you ALSO added the Motion Pack for the sequence.

6 LED per port is 18 channels (the last LED only will have 1 color if this is true)

when you Play your Preview does it show the full string playing >

Edited by Jimehc

I’m just plunged in the pre program LOR SD card.

im not using a PC to run my show or sequencing my own songs. Not using Visualizer either.

2 minutes ago, Norcal said:

I’m just plunged in the pre program LOR SD card.

im not using a PC to run my show or sequencing my own songs. Not using Visualizer either.

This could be a problem. The pre-programmed sequences from LOR do not have programming for Smart RGB on them. New stuff is coming out soon, but it's not out now.

Unless you purchased a version that can be modified, you are going to be in a holding pattern until new stuff comes out.

Thats the problem for sure... back in the box till next season. at least the card runs my Pixie tree.

thanks for the education, guys.

We’re can I purchase sequences that will run, smart pixies, LOR pixie treee 16x25, singing faces, x4 standard controllers Way too frustrating programming this stuff myself.

16 hours ago, Norcal said:

Thats the problem for sure... back in the box till next season. at least the card runs my Pixie tree.

thanks for the education, guys.

Set your Pixie2 to have a RESOLUTION of 1, 2 or 5 (try what appears best for you)  Leave the String length at 50

What that does is make the  pixie behave like there were dumb strings attached (you DO use smart strings).

1 says the whole string will be controlled ONLY by channel 1,  (I am guessing White, since RGB color takes 3 channels)

2 says you have only 2 bulbs (25 + 25).

Play with it using HU, at least you can get an idea of how you might use it.

Note the above setting applies to the WHOLE Pixie (IMHO a great reason to NOT use a Pixie 16 everywhere)

1 hour ago, Norcal said:

We’re can I purchase sequences that will run, smart pixies, LOR pixie treee 16x25, singing faces, x4 standard controllers Way too frustrating programming this stuff myself.

Create a Preview of your Display, using your controlers - then copy sequence rows from Purchased Sequence in Your Sequence Layout...... You can copy AC sequencing into Pixel Rows - you can copy Motion Effect rows into Non-Motion AC channel rows.... Also Dumb RGB Rows into Smart RGB Rows... Pixels change colors - AC props do not... that is the only difference in the sequencing...

Edited by Jimehc