Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie16D running from PixieLink shows RGB in GBR color

Red Lily Way Christmas

Testing new Pixed16Ds I just finished building.  I have 3 actually and just finished the last two.  They run off of a PixieLink so I guess that is in DMX mode as universes are assigned to each port.   Pixie16 #1 shows RGB in RGB, while Pixies #2, and #3 show RGB in GBR.   The test mode for these last two also shows in GBR order.  Preview has these props defined in RGB color order.

I also went in the Hardware utility to set the color to RGB but it was already set that way.

So what do think is up with this.  I did something correct for unit #1 as that displays correctly.

I also went into the PixieLink config program and I did not see any settings for color as I expected.

Jim Cammarata

In the Hardware utility - Configuration  - click the "Advanced" tab - set each port to RGB....

Then test the Color order using the actual prop thru sequencer...

If you testing Red and Green is showing, If testing Green and Blue is showing, if you are testing blue and red is showing - then the color order setting for that prop needs to be GBR

Not all pixels are in RGB order - but, you do not want to set a different order in the controller, because you really want the different color order to follow the Prop

Edited by Jimehc
  • Thanks 1

Apparently for me setting the default to RGB did not change all the ports that would if you selected the Advanced Tab.   Selecting the advanced tab, changed them.  Everyone is now running in RGB color

I also moved each pixie16 to be defined on its own port on the PixieLink.   I did have Pixie16 #1 and #2 on the same PixieLink port, but running a sequence was sending data to ports that were not even defined in the preview on pixed16 #2.   Running them separately them solved this other problem.  Eventually I will have to figure that out also.  Just wanted to mention this if others have this same problem, and this is a circumvention.   Thank You Jimehc

Edited by Red Lily Way Christmas

The Pixielink supports two Pixie16's per network (Unit ID 01 & Unit ID 11) that is how you assign the controller ID's per pixielink network port

What changes is the universe setting for your props..... 32 universes per pixielink network port ( for a total of 192 Universes per Pixielink Adapter)

I'm talking Pixie16 controller here - now if you throw a Pixcon16 in the mix - then I'm not certain

• Thanks 1

That explains why It was behaving 'badly'  as they had the same unit ID of 01 . . . I'll make this change and give it a try.

Verified that changing the unit ID to 11  suggestion for the second pixie16 on the same pixielink port worked.  Thanks

Edited by Red Lily Way Christmas
Status

19 minutes ago, Vince4xmas said:

Can someone please explain this "pixielink" and the advantages of using it?

It allows you to drive up to a dozen Pixie16 controllers through a single Ethernet cable.

It allows you to drive Pixie16 controllers from any industry standard E1.31 software, not just Light-O-Rama software.

The PixieLink hardware has a single Ethernet input, running the E1.31 protocol, and 6 RS485 outputs. Each output can be configured as one of 3 protocols: DMX, ELOR, or PixieLink.

A DMX port can drive generic DMX devices, however it is limited to 512 addresses.

A ELOR port can drive newer Light-O-Rama controllers, including Pixie controllers.

A PixieLink port can drive only Pixie controllers, but it can send more data than ELOR.