Light-O-Rama Forums

iDMX-1000 not recognized by Surface Pro X

GarnerLights

After some consideration, we decided to switch our sequencing computer from a MacBook running Boot Camp to a Microsoft Surface Pro X.  But, when I connect the iDMX-1000 via a USB485B connected to the Surface - which usually is recognized as Comm 3 in the Hardware Utility (if I remember correctly) - it wasn't being recognized at all.  So I decided to go into Device Manager and see what was going on and it was showing up as "FT232R USB UART" with a warning symbol.  I go into the properties of this device and find that the drivers for it are not installed, and that there are no compatible drivers.  I try clicking "Update Drivers" but to no avail.  I've tried installing an FTDI driver for this specific device but that would still give me an error.  Is there a Light-O-Rama-specific driver I need to install?  Is it even a Light-O-Rama issue?  It's only happening when connecting the iDMX-1000 (my setup is a USB-C to USB-A adapter to a USB485B with Voltage Booster to the iDMX-1000 and a Pixie16D) I'm running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 on the aforementioned Microsoft Surface Pro X.

Screenshot 2022-02-03 172002.png

Uninstall the drivers in Device Manager.

UNPLUG all the adaptors from the Surface and Reboot.

Download the latest drivers from FTDI.

Install and THEN plug in the adaptor. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

Uninstall the drivers in Device Manager.

UNPLUG all the adaptors from the Surface and Reboot.

Download the latest drivers from FTDI.

Install and THEN plug in the adaptor. 

This worked, thank you so much!

• This topic was locked and unlocked