Light-O-Rama Forums

CB100D and pixielink problem

Tomaudio

I have a LOR enhanced network with 2 pixie2s and 2 CB100Ds and aLOR 50watt RGB flood. When I run this network on AUX A Enhanced with a red USB interface all sequences work correctly. When I move the entire network over to output 1 of my pixielink an make all of the changes from LOR to DMX in the preview and HU and NP and of course the Pixielink, everything seems to work except the string 2 outputs of the CB100Ds. These strings attempt to do the effects assigned to them but start strobing (flashing on and off) along with the effects. I haven't been able to come up with an answer as to why this happens. One of the CB100Ds is used to drive 2 snowflakes, one on each string. The other CB100D is used to drive CCBs around my front door and side windows. As I said already, the props connected to the string 2 outputs are the ones in trouble.

My guess is that something is miss-configured.  Do you have the CCB100D controller configured as each output as a separate Unit ID or with one ID for both strings?  If the latter, remember that the second string does NOT start at channel 151.

Edited by k6ccc

Yes the CB100D controllers are set as dual normal with the first string set to the first unit ID with the second following with the with the first unit ID+1 I don't remember what the actual IDs are as My show is still running. BTW I run 2 shows per 24 hours. One that begins at 4:30 PM and ends gracefully around  11 PM with the second starting immediately following the actual end of the first show. The first show consists of 5 songs with a lead in and a constant on of a couple of props and my FM transmitter followed by a lead out. The second consists of an animation loop of lights slowly changing that runs until 7 AM. Both shows have different previews with most of the same props in each of them. The problem exists in both shows. As I said before If I switch the group of controllers on that LOR network over to run all LOR protocol on AUX A they work properly. They just don't when driven by the Pixlink. 

I don't know if there are any FW upgrades for the CB100D to support Pixlink. If there are I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

13 minutes ago, Tomaudio said:

I don't know if there are any FW upgrades for the CB100D to support Pixlink.

That part, I would not think so since it's plain LOR network.  The only exception is the high speed Pixie only link protocol. 

I'm still leaning towards a mismatch in config - either in the PixieLink itself or in your translation from LOR to DMX channel assignments.