Light-O-Rama Forums

Wow lights compatible?

Lightnewbie

11 minutes ago, Lightnewbie said:

Are wow pixel lights compatible with LOR controllers? 

WOW Lights is an authorized LOR vendor. What controllers are you looking at?

JR

2 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

WOW Lights is an authorized LOR vendor. What controllers are you looking at?

JR

I want to make the transition to pixels. I plan to get a pixie 16 and 8. I noticed that wowlights pixels are a little cheaper. 

2 things to remember when buying smart nodes for a SINGLE Pixie controller (another reason, big is not always best)

1) Voltage is per bank (Pixie2 + 4 only have 1 bank).  Murphy is alive and well. If you run 2 voltages, make the connections goof proof (unless you like the smell of magic smoke)

2) ALL pixels on a controller must be the same CHIP TYPE (egWS2811) as there is only one setting per controller

You can have different color orders (adjusted on the Advanced setting form) per PORT, but honestly,  that is just another thing to get right between setups

I buy from Wowlights because they are a vendor of Lor as was pointed out. I also buy from Lor. I have three Pixie 4 controllers and the pixels for each controllers that I bought from Wowlights during their sale, and when the Lor Mad grab starts I buy from Lor too. I had 1 string that wouldn't work completely & Wowlights replaced that string. I had ordered a few more things & that replacement string came with that order.

I try to stick with Light-O-Rama or a Lor vendor like Wowlights when I buy pixel lights. Or anything Lor related item.  I bought a Pixie 16 board plus other items from the Lor mad grab sale, then I bought the power supply from  Amazon, added my own enclosure, and I bought 3 bags of clearance 5v Pixels from Lor. After 2 years I finally used 8 of those bagged lights and that Pixie 16 on a steel 6.6 ft high & 2 foot round tree. I added the pixels to it. All worked nicely.

Edited by lightzilla