Light-O-Rama Forums

what controllers to use?

Sparky4u

Good morning all,

I live on a good sized property and taking the dive into pixels. I have three structures I will be decorating that are separated in distance along with the yard. From what i’m reading i’d be better off with multiple pixie 4 controllers than one pixie 16. Am I right in my thought process here?  Thank you and have a great day. 

I started with a Pixie16 last year but I should have gone with a Pixie8 or two Pixie4's.  I figured it would be good to have room to expand but it's too far away from my other props.  I have since bought a Pixie8, and I plan to add a few more Pixie4's next year.  My Pixie16 has 9 empty ports on it that I can't really use.

44 minutes ago, LangfordDave said:

My Pixie16 has 9 empty ports on it that I can't really use.

That does not really hurt anything other than a little larger hit on your wallet, and it uses up more Unit IDs - but you would really have to work at it to run out...

On 12/26/2021 at 12:43 PM, dibblejr said:

Pixie4's or Pixie2's are great choices for smaller props or roof outlines.

JR

Can you buy the pixie 2 seperate, w/o buying a package?

On 12/27/2021 at 10:45 AM, LangfordDave said:

I started with a Pixie16 last year but I should have gone with a Pixie8 or two Pixie4's.  I figured it would be good to have room to expand but it's too far away from my other props.  I have since bought a Pixie8, and I plan to add a few more Pixie4's next year.  My Pixie16 has 9 empty ports on it that I can't really use.

You were mainly AC channels correct? I believe you were on the Canadian Forum called Christmaslights.ca <<---<< believe it was called that. Why not have a 16 x 50 Pixel Tree? or add another Pixie 16 & have a 32 x 50 Matrix. Nice added feature.  Just an idea.

10 hours ago, lightzilla said:

You were mainly AC channels correct? I believe you were on the Canadian Forum called Christmaslights.ca <<---<< believe it was called that. Why not have a 16 x 50 Pixel Tree? or add another Pixie 16 & have a 32 x 50 Matrix. Nice added feature.  Just an idea.

Wow, can't believe you remember that! Yep, I enjoyed the Canadian forum while it was still around.  Was pretty short-lived. And yes, I was only AC at that point.  My yard is too small for a pixel tree, although I could probably swap my P16 with my P8 and make use of the extra ports somehow in the yard. Trying to figure out what to add next is the hard part!