Light-O-Rama Forums

Peace lights

Dennis Laff

Hi trying to make my peace lights jump like i've seen in some videos, anyone know what effects in S5 would make them jump up and down thanks Dennis

I still use a lot of good old fashioned channel effects on mine. Simple rapid chases up or down one stake duplicated to the rest. You have to play around with the chase duration in respect to the timings.

If you want motion effects, a lot depends on how you define and set the prop and group definitions as to how a given effect will work. Remember too, that you can make as many custom groupings as you like, such as all the top pixels, all the bottom pixels and so on. Still learning myself.

I will be posting a few videos soon and you may get some ideas but they look much better in person.

Here's a short clip from last year.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l9ngj721d63lj0h/20201122_183006.mp4?dl=0

• Like 1

I added them last year and while the simple bar effects work, but how you position them in the preview can make a big difference and what options you use for effect rows.   I did as we suggested above and created motion effect rows for each stake (1-40) so I can select just one of them at a time and for each row (1 to 5) as well as for odds and even stakes which i found useful for creating a pulsing effect.   

THANKS PHILMASSEY  THATS THE EFFECT I'M TRYING TO GET IN YOU TSO GOOD KING JOY SEQUENCE  THANKS FOR EVEYBODYS IMPUT  ,  HOPE YOUR FEELING WELL J.R  DENNIS L

Edited by Dennis Laff

I have Lawn Lights which I purchased in 2010 but this year they are starting to die. I have looked at the peace stakes as a replacement for next year and have calculated what I would need to cover the same area. If I place the peace stakes five feet apart in all directions I will need 420 stakes to cover the same area and I was thinking to just treat it as a large matrix laying on the ground.

The typical strings for the stake lights are basically like upside down icicles. They are not wired straight through but have a return to the base. They usually come with about three feet of wire between drops. They come in 50 pixel strings and there is a lot of extra wire so you may not get long runs without PI. Ray has them.

I made my own prop and you are welcome to it if you want. You can also use multiple firesticks. Remember, there is a perspective issue since they are being viewed from the low angle.

54 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

The typical strings for the stake lights are basically like upside down icicles. They are not wired straight through but have a return to the base. They usually come with about three feet of wire between drops. They come in 50 pixel strings and there is a lot of extra wire so you may not get long runs without PI. Ray has them.

I made my own prop and you are welcome to it if you want. You can also use multiple firesticks. Remember, there is a perspective issue since they are being viewed from the low angle.

A number of vendors have 5 node strings with long leads with connectors (Ray, xlight) for about $5 if you don't want to solder. IMHO dealing with singles is easier than dealing with a bundle during setup (and has the added feature of easy replacement of a 'problem' stake)

5 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

A number of vendors have 5 node strings with long leads with connectors (Ray, xlight) for about $5 if you don't want to solder. IMHO dealing with singles is easier than dealing with a bundle during setup (and has the added feature of easy replacement of a 'problem' stake)

I have been looking at those five node strings from several places and most come with 5-6 foot leads.

3 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

I have been looking at those five node strings from several places and most come with 5-6 foot leads.

Remember to pay attention what you order because there are INLINE (when connected together makes a long string) or T (I expect this is when you want all stakes to do the same 5 nodes at a time. I also suspect there is DATA line drive issues

2 hours ago, TheDucks said:

Remember to pay attention what you order because there are INLINE (when connected together makes a long string) or T (I expect this is when you want all stakes to do the same 5 nodes at a time. I also suspect there is DATA line drive issues

I want it so when I connect 10 sets of 5 together it acts as one long string of 50 individual pixels. I will program them and tell them what to do.

Edited by Mr. P

The pixels I bought from Ray Wu are inline.  So I can control each pixel the way I want.  Mine are for six pixels per stake, and a string of 10 stakes so each string is 60 pixels.  I have 50 stakes put together and in the storage shed.  I have not really decided how I am going to deploy them, or sequenced them yet.

The behavior will depend on how you define them in your preview.   It is called a fire stick so you can create n sticks of 5.   Each one has the concept of being 1 to 5 (or 6).   Then you can control them based on your motion effect rows. 

36 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

My back still aches from 120.......

My border lights are C9 Pixa-bulbs spaced 12 inches apart and I have to install 700 stakes for those.