Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie with a few questions...

dackjob2

47 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

2USB is not enough. the Keyboard and mouse will use those up (you do need to have those during configuration. then you need to configure Boot to NOT STOP the boot on missing mouse/keyboard/monitor).  6-8 USB is a target (and very common)

I meant the version of USB being a minimum of 2.x sorry for the confusion. So you use 6-8 ports? Sorry to come off as being ignorant…

3 minutes ago, dackjob2 said:

So you use 6-8 ports? Sorry to come off as being ignorant…

Keyboard and mouse are two, maybe another for an audio adapter, maybe another for a second LAN (more common if you use E1.31, and then one for each LOR or DMX network.  Real easy to go through a bunch.  Easier to use built in USB ports rather than an external hub.    Laptops are often fairly USB port restricted, but these days, it is not at all uncommon for a desktop computer to have a minimum of 6 and frequently more than that.  I just looked at this one - it has three in front and six more in back.

4 hours ago, TheDucks said:

2USB is not enough. the Keyboard and mouse will use those up (you do need to have those during configuration. then you need to configure Boot to NOT STOP the boot on missing mouse/keyboard/monitor).  6-8 USB is a target (and very common)

A powered USB helps. My show laptop has 2 USB Ports and its a high end gaming PC. With the stroke of a plastic card for about $50 it has 14 additional ports.

JR