Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixcon16 Nodes & Universes

Timothy

So now that it's dark I can see a problem I'm having with how things are set-up. When running the show, I have a couple areas on my tree that do not light up. I'm fairly certain that it's because the Pixcon16 is set for 170 nodes and I'm only using 50 node strings. I think that this is the problem because when I light up universe 1 and 2 I see this. Strings 1-3 are universe 1 but it goes 20 into the next string.

I looked around and didn't see anywhere where I could change the setting in the pixcon. Any ideas/help on how to correct, I'm all ears. Thank you in advance.

IMG_0211 (1).jpg

That config on the Pixcon16 is commonly called packed pixels or packed universes.  It certainly will work, but is generally not recommended for beginners as it is more complicated to set up.

BTW, my first few years with E1.31, I also ran packed pixels - but I had to because of the controller I was using.

3 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Does that match your preview?

Yes it does. I bought the tree as a package deal that came with 5 sequences. I set everything up like their instructions said to and even their sequences don't display correctly.

14 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Do their sequences look right on your computer?

The last time I looked they played fine but now they are not. I'll dig into the preview settings and see what changed. 

2 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Do their sequences look right on your computer?

They do now. It went away for a while but then came back. The pixcon isn't saving the output settings with the correct channels. It keeps reverting back to default for some reason. Is there a jumper I need to remove perhaps? Kind of like when setting an AC controller ID?