Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixcon 16

Timothy

I finally got everything together and am now wanting to get my mega-tree running. I don't have an adapter so using it on an enhanced LOR network is out of the question for now. I set my IP address for it in the hardware utility and for universes 1-6. The IP address is 192.168.0.20 for the controller and I set the subnet to 255.255.255.0. I set the prop to be universes 1-6 in the sequencer but it doesn't seem to want to talk although I do have an on-steady green (and red) light on the controller. I didn't see anywhere where I could point the prop to point to that IP, or does that even matter? 

Currently I have it connected directly to the computer but will be using a network edge switch in the future. What is commonly missed on setting these things up? Thanks in advance!

This will sound silly ... but try multicast.

I was at a customer site a few weeks ago. Even though we had IP's on the boxes, we chose multicast, and it was working. I honestly don't know why.

Also .. when you are testing in the sequencer, make sure that you have the LOR Control Panel running, which will bring up the COM listener, and that you have Control Lights checked.

8 hours ago, Timothy said:

I'm not sure what's going on or why every channel stays on when plugged in. Any tips?

Is the Pixcon 16 in a test mode?

Actually, after reading the manual, it says that if the pixels turn on white steady then they’ll stay that way until the type is set in the controller. I thought I’d done this but maybe it didn’t take/save. Will look when I get back home.

Got it working. Had the LED's set incorrectly and setting the IP manually did the trick. Now to go copy/past trees into the sequences and it'll all be good.