Light-O-Rama Forums

1602Wg3-MP3g4 controller continuously loops sequence that is supposed to run once when triggered.

Smibo

I have a 1602WgMP3g4 controller, with two sequences/shows on an SD card.  Sequence 2 is supposed to run continuously when powered on, but can be interrupted by trigger 1 (connected to the little plug-in header board) to run sequence 1 one time only, after which sequence 2 resumes.  All has worked well year-round for a few years, but now the controller just continuously loops through sequence1 over and over, like it's constantly being triggered.

Experimentation has yielded the following results:

- If I use HU to put a show on the SD card, and tell it to run continuously when powered on, the unit works fine.

- If I tell HU to run the show on a schedule, that works fine too.

- If there is ANY show on the SD card that is supposed to start on ANY trigger, that show endlessly loops, even when the input header board is unplugged.

I'm suspecting it's a hardware failure, but before I send the whole box to LOR for repair (it's long out of warranty) or replace the CTB-32LD guts, I thought I'd ask here if anyone has had this same issue, and if they found some fix or workaround for it.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Smibo
correct typo

IN HU, there is a setting for the TYPE of switch used with regular controllers.   <this may apply for directors as well>

Switch is:

NC and removing the header is the same

NO (like a typical door bell button) would not detect a removal

The trigger is a break-the-beam type of switch that is normally open (NO.)  I tell HU that it's a NO trigger, and still the sequence loops continuously.  In fact, if there is ANY sequnce/show on the SD card, the controller ignores everything else, and just loops the triggere show/sequence over and over, with or without the header plugged in.

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/14/2021 at 5:17 PM, Smibo said:

The trigger is a break-the-beam type of switch that is normally open (NO.)  I tell HU that it's a NO trigger, and still the sequence loops continuously.  In fact, if there is ANY sequnce/show on the SD card, the controller ignores everything else, and just loops the triggere show/sequence over and over, with or without the header plugged in.

Sound like to me its in the set up of the card. When you create a new card you have the option in the drop dowdn menus to select various ways the SD card show plays. Just a thought