Light-O-Rama Forums

Mega PIX tree not working during show

Outsider

Hello,

I purchased the LOR mega tree and seem to be having some issues if anybody has an idea.

I have S5 pro version 5.5.14 and have the serial adapters running 1 to my main lights and 1 to the tree.  The comm ports are lined up as they should be.  The sequences match up with where the tree and main light are in comm ports.  Enhanced and 500k are checked in  the network for the tree.  Now the main lights and the tree can both be found in HU.  The main lights and the tree all work while testing in sequencer.   However, only the tree is not working while running the show.   Any ideas? 

Is this on one network or on multiple networks?   Please tell us what controllers you have, what the Unit IDs are for the controllers?  If multiple networks, does your preview indicate what is on a second network?

Main lights controllers vary.   Mega tree is the 8 pix controller the kit came with.   I'm running mains on the regular network and the tree in AUX 1 set at unit 40, which is well away from my main lights. Both on separate 485 and comm ports.

25 minutes ago, Outsider said:

Main lights controllers vary.   Mega tree is the 8 pix controller the kit came with.   I'm running mains on the regular network and the tree in AUX 1 set at unit 40, which is well away from my main lights. Both on separate 485 and comm ports.

Did you set the speed on the second com port/adapter? Is it a RED adapter? Pixies do not RUN on a slow network (HU runs slow because it does simple tasks).

I'm missing something.   The main lights and the tree lights all work if I control lights and manually run a song in sequence editor. 

You can't have SE or HU running  at show time. Look at the Log , it might complain about something IN USE

BTW the control panel must be running (red light in tool tray)

HU and SE are not running at that time.  I have show editor set up to play my tunes and the all auto start just like they have for years.   For some reason the tree it the only thing that is not working if I have a show running. But only when the show runs, everything works in SE

Have you attempted to put the tree on the same network as the other controllers?

Double check your prop def to ensure the correct network is assigned.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Generally when a controller doesn't work in my display usually it is the unit ID isn't set right.  The cat 5 cable can also be the problem. (Faulty). If that plastic tap is broken off that can be an issue.