Light-O-Rama Forums

Bad Pixels

c7williams

7 hours ago, dibblejr said:

My first pixel was 2017. For the two props I built with them I have only lost 1 pixel, just last year. I replaced the one pixel. Until 2021 I had great results no matter where I purchased but typically I only use 3 sources only because LOR does not sell the ones I use for my house.

My roof outline has been up for 5 seasons and I didnt have any problems until the first hurricane to reach our area took out some of my roof outline when a tree limb fell on them. During repair of those I made a video of the wear and tare that 4 years of direct sunlight and the elements have done. I was going to replace them in 2021 but I got ill and never got around to it. January 2021 they were all still working but this year I have been dark so not sure if I have lost more.

Anything i Iose  for 2022 will be from LOR as well as any new builds or conversions. Just not worth the headache. 

I truly hope things get back up and running in 2022.

JR

Wish LOR had icicle RGB lights.  Trying to find a robust solution for mounting. We get pretty strong winds so I don’t think what’s currently out there will last long let alone a couple seasons. I am sure I can figure a custom solution using LOR strings.

12 hours ago, ~DOC~ said:

Wish LOR had icicle RGB lights.  Trying to find a robust solution for mounting. We get pretty strong winds so I don’t think what’s currently out there will last long let alone a couple seasons. I am sure I can figure a custom solution using LOR strings.

You can get GE icicle pattern strips tailored for your pitch. Then use LOR nodes in them.

JR

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, dibblejr said:

You can get GE icicle pattern strips tailored for your pitch. Then use LOR nodes in them.

JR

Saw them but they look like a wind sail just ready for Mother Nature to rip them down.