Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Half on?

hopz28

What does it mean when you half of your rgb lights on and the half that is off has one red light on? It’s a LOR 6’6 pixel tree. I am on S5 and software is pro.

Just now, hopz28 said:

What does it mean when you half of your rgb lights on and the half that is off has one red light on? It’s a LOR 6’6 pixel tree. I am on S5 and software is pro.

Possibly the Red one has had its black chip (inside it) fail. DI but no DO (to the next node). Coin toss, if in warranty, do you void it by cutting out the bad node (and carefully splice the 3 wires).

Smart nodes Channels are by position in the string relative to the feed.

Did you test with HU to verify that you did not just make a sequence error?

15 minutes ago, hopz28 said:

From my experiemce almost always a red pixel means a bad pixel but check everything else before you cut it out

The only Ethernet cable I could find was cat6. Would this be the issue? Also I know older AC controllers don’t work with rgb stuff. Mine is 2011/12. Could this be the culprit?

4 minutes ago, hopz28 said:

The only Ethernet cable I could find was cat6. Would this be the issue? Also I know older AC controllers don’t work with rgb stuff. Mine is 2011/12. Could this be the culprit?

The only issue is CAT6 is stiff and prone to strain the board connectors. STRAIN RELIEF THEM (cables) so they dont twist the ends

YOUR AC  (have a Red LED)  can not be on an Enhanced Network and do not like speeds over 115K  Pixies want speed (and like Enhanced a lot)