Light-O-Rama Forums

Windows 7 and S5

Eddie Hanebuth

I am having non standard issues running S5 in a windows 7 computer.  Is this a know problem? Do I need to get a new computer with windows 10?

For example  When I make an update I put a version number on the sequence.  I am on V8, but when the show plays it is using version V7.  I check the show builder and the sequence scheduler and they are correct.  The show control panel shows that I am still playing V7,

Ideas?

I am running windows 7 and have an issue with the animation starting simultaneously with the music. They are 2-3 seconds apart

Try using the full Show editor. Gives you more control of where your sequences are located. I would guess that you have multiple files in different folders. Not a Windows issue.

I've been running Windows 7 for LOR in one way or another for over a decade.  My current show player computer is Windows 7 (since 2017 - XP before that).  My various sequencing computers have been everything from XP to Win 10.  I agree with Phil that you likely are not playing what you think you are playing.

I do give you credit for putting version numbers on files.  Every time I save a file, it gets a new filename with the date and a revision letter for that date.  For example: 

Jingle Bells 2021-12-04c.loredit

And yes, use year, month, date order so the file names sort right.  The c revision as shown above would be the third revision of the day.

💡 Exclude the LOR folder in Documents (only) from A/V real time scans.  They have been checked when you first imported them onto the PC. A scan on every open can slow things down.

FWIW I still leave them (excluded folders) enabled for Manual/scheduled scans.  Risk is low unless you sneakernet files direct