Light-O-Rama Forums

Can Pixel data go the wrong way?

TheSignGuy

So I have a pixie 4 running 8 - 48 node snowflakes. I have flake 1 and 2 to port #1, 3 and 4 to port #2, 5 and 6 to port # 3 and 7 and 8 to port # 4, I had to run maybe a 4ft extension from the odd # flakes to the even # flakes.

The 7th snowflake runs opposite of what its supposed to be like it's mirrored, all the other flakes work fine including flake # 8 that its connected to. I double checked the light placement in the preview and it's just like to other 7 and all correct. All of my sequences play correctly in the preview including #7, but when running the show #7 runs mirrored.

In HU #1 node starts in the correct place just like the others, Any suggestions?

Pixel data only goes one way - output from the controller to the pixel input.   

Edited by wbaker4

No, the physical data can't go backwards in a string.  But that may not be what you need to know.  Most pixel controllers have some ability to operate as if the data was backwards.  What I mean by that is normally the first pixel that is physically connected to the pixel controller is pixel 1, but if you logically reverse the string, the far end will function as pixel 1.  This is very handy for certain applications.  For example I have CCP based arches that have one arch going left and one arch going right from each two string controller.  The arch going left has been told in the pixel controller setting to operate reverse. so all six arches are pixel 1 on the left as far as my sequencing is concerned.  So check the settings in the Pixie to make sure that the one string is not set to be reversed.

Edited by k6ccc

IN HU you can REVERSE a PORT  (it behaves like Pix 1 is at the far end even though you code normally)

BUT your prop does need to allow for that. Basically built backwards from the normal ones.

For my drip edge (gutter line) Port 1 is reversed because the controller (and string feed) are in a corner.  Port 2 and 3 are normal

---------> C  >---- >-------------

1 + 3 are 100 nodes, 2 is only 32 filling in a gap  C is the cont, > is the feed

I had to reverse 2 ports on my pixie 2 arches so I went back in and double checked the pixie 4. I checked that pixie (4) config and none of the ports are reversed, they are all normal. I could see if it was the whole string but the first 48 (flake #7) go 1 way and the other 48 (flake #8) go the other correct way.  It's half of 1 - 96 node string, but again it plays correct in the SE preview.

Appreciate the comments everyone, I know everyone else is busy with their display as well. As a "quick" fix I went back up the ladder and rotated the flake 180, for the left/right effects it works but now the up down effects are now backwards.  🤪