Light-O-Rama Forums

Cosmic color ribbons attachments

rondaxmas

Anyone have a good way to attach these to the ground for a mega tree? Mine keep slipping out of the zip ties. I may not have them real tight afraid they will be damaged. And they are 16 ft but tree pile is 12. Would it look ok to bring the ribbons forward? Thanks 

Ribbons are fragile and damage/break easily. For making trees many will zip tie or secure them to conduit or pvc to help strengthen them. The more you handle ribbons the easier they are to break.

CCRs MUST be supported.  DO NOT attach something only to the two ends.  I am largely getting away from ribbons, and the only way I have any mounted is glued to brick - as this annotated photo shows.

http://www.newburghlights.org/photos/Planter_strip_backfeed.jpg

Thank you so much.  I was wondering if I changed them next year to pixels if they would be easier to handle.  What do you think or is it worth the cost of changing to them.  And would I have to alter my songs for pixels or just connect them like I do now to a pixie16?

No sequencing change to use pixels instead of ribbons.

Pixel strings are in my opinion, far more versatile than ribbons - largely because you can make the spacing whatever you want.  WHEN (not if) a pixel fails, a string of pixels is FAR easier to repair than a ribbon.  Lastly, pixels are far more mechanically durable than ribbons.

As I said, the only places I am using ribbons is glued to brick for permanent installations.

• Like 1