Light-O-Rama Forums

error trying to run sequences

rskater

tried to run sequences.  error popped up.  windows media player will not support the sequences.  computer just went through several updates, now sequences will not run

Having exact same issue. 

I went and ran through the sequences with the new sequencing software...saved them, which converted them to .loredit files. 

When I ran the show builder, saved it, and then played it....nothing. 

I know I have done something wrong--- anyone have suggestions while I wait for the help desk to get back to me?

I would try opening them up/running them in the Sequence Editor and see if that gives any additional insight into the problem(s).  Do you have separate PC's for editing and running the show or just one PC?  @rskater it sounds like you may have a bad/corrupted audio file.  What kind of audio file are you using?  It would also help if you could post the full error message you're seeing in the player log.

@SurfLights - are you seeing any error messages and if so, please post the exact error you're getting.  When you say you're getting nothing, is the player playing the sequence and you're not seeing it control any lights?  Is the LOR Control Panel running (you'll have either a red or blue light bulb in the taskbar).  If it's red, you'll need to right click on it and Enable it for the player to work correctly.

@jfuller8400  so I followed the instructions given by LOR HelpDesk, which has Been great. I re-ran all of them through sequence editor, reattached the audio, deleted the old files. 

Now some of the files work, some do not. Basically, any file that was RTG through LOR is fine and work'ing. Anything else, the audio comes on but no lights--- Some of the files not working are saying "Created playback file because it did not exist.... there are no error messages displaying now!

Thank you!

Edited by SurfLights

after much searching i discovered when i updated to window 10 windows media player was deleted from the update . so down loading and installing wing media player all is working again

• The topic was locked