Light-O-Rama Forums

N2G4 Director Can't get lights to play

rmturner54

First year with S5 and the N2G4 director. 

All of my S4 sequences have been imported and redone in S5 months ago, All the prop definitions have been verified. Everyone of my sequences play in the preview window.

Running 1` LOR network and 1 DMX network( not even worried about the DMX network at this time.)  Control lights on, lights off whne play back stops is on.

I am way behind due to other issues in my life.  I just created an SD card with 1 off my sequences to test with. THe music comes on at the time I have set, but no lights.

In the network preferences do I use LOR com 3 like I had before I switched? I tried the simpe SD create and the advanced with the same results.

I am sure I have missed somthing simple

What network port are you trying to use on the N2G4 for your LOR network?  Is it the "Regular" network or one of the "AUX" networks?  Network 1 is Regular, Network 2 would be AUX A.  Are you trying to use the Regular network as a high speed network (like with pixels)?  What do you set the 2 outputs to when setting up the SD card via the HUB (in advanced mode)?

Thanks for the reply. I figured it out. When creating my SD card(advanced) some how Network 1 was set on LOR/ELOR 57.6K and Network 2 was on U.1/DMX (which is ok)

I changed the Network 1 to LOR only and all is good.  No pixels being used.

Iwill be using DMX eventually when I get time. I only have 12 DMX channels, so not the major protion of my display.

That is the EXACT problem I encountered years ago.  I wish there was some way that it would default to just LOR (and my AUX networks to a saved config).  I wonder why I have to change these every time I write a show.

I have some DMX in my show, but I use an iDMX1000 out in the yard to bridge it.

Glad you figured it out.

I had similar problems getting the network setting just right.  I noticed when you use the Advanced option one of the steps has a checkbox labeled "Attempt to configure the communications parameters for this director the same as this show computer".  I checked this box and as I clicked through the rest of the dialogs it was setting the port parameters the way I needed them to be set for the director to work.  (But to be honest I would have expected Simple Mode to have used the same settings).

Has anyone else tried to make that selection with success?

I must have missed the checked box. But anyway we are all aware of the settings. I was about read to pull what hair I had left, out. Cause I had just used the director for a simple halloween show

2 hours ago, basis21b said:

...I noticed when you use the Advanced option one of the steps has a checkbox labeled "Attempt to configure the communications parameters for this director the same as this show computer".  I checked this box and as I clicked through the rest of the dialogs it was setting the port parameters the way I needed them to be set for the director to work...

@basis21b Well I'll be...I just tried that and it seems to have worked!  To be honest I never actually recognized all that text as being a button I could press.  8+ years and still learning...

15 minutes ago, hasslerk said:

Well I'll be...I just tried that and it seems to have worked!  To be honest I never actually recognized all that text as being a button I could press.  8+ years and still learning...

Thanks for checking that for me.  I was either going to have to wait till the end of the end of the season or drive across town to the other display to test.  Now I don't have to remember to do that testing.  Of course by next year I will likely have forgotten that clicking that checkbox will make my life easier.