Light-O-Rama Forums

Only 1 Bulb in all Pixie2 lights up during Show...works fine during setup in hardware

King of O4W

Good evening and looking for any help.  I recently moved over to the RGB world and having trouble getting my Pixie2 strands up and working.  During ID assignment/testing, they work great.  I allowed enough space IDs so nothing conflicts and the network is 500K/enhanced.  In SE, they sequences run fine.  However, when I turn it over to the Showtime Director, only the first bulb in each strand of the 4 pixie2 (8 channels) turns on...pixel tree is also out.  Been playing around with networks to no avail.  Sure it is something simple but been racking my brain for days and days.

THANK YOU

13 minutes ago, King of O4W said:

Good evening and looking for any help.  I recently moved over to the RGB world and having trouble getting my Pixie2 strands up and working.  During ID assignment/testing, they work great.  I allowed enough space IDs so nothing conflicts and the network is 500K/enhanced.  In SE, they sequences run fine.  However, when I turn it over to the Showtime Director, only the first bulb in each strand of the 4 pixie2 (8 channels) turns on...pixel tree is also out.  Been playing around with networks to no avail.  Sure it is something simple but been racking my brain for days and days.

THANK YOU

A Pixie2 uses 2 ID's. Each port is an ID

8 Channels is odd as each NODE is 3 channels (R,G,B)

7 hours ago, TheDucks said:

A Pixie2 uses 2 ID's. Each port is an ID

8 Channels is odd as each NODE is 3 channels (R,G,B)

The OP is confusing the 8 Ports on the 4 Pixies as Channels.  {4 Pixie 2's * 2 Ports per Pixie 2 = 8 Ports}  But so many folks entering the RGB world and using a Pixie controller commonly make this mistake.  And another common mistake: folks use decimal numbering to ID their controllers, when they should be using hexadecimal numbering, as that is what LOR uses for ID numbers.  Especially when you start adding RGB controllers that use more than a single ID numbering system.   I mark my controllers with both, their hexadecimal number, and in parentheses next to it is the decimal number.  For example my Controller #12 hex, in parentheses is decimal #18.  I also do this within my sequences on the channel buttons, just helps me to keep things straight and to know which controller is which in my display.  Just the way I do it.

If I was accustomed, and knew how to do things better in S5, I'd just request the OP send me the sequence, and I'd take a look at it to see what the issue is, but I'm still relying on S4 for this year, so unfortunately I can't help with seeing where the OP may have gone wrong in their sequencing, if that is where the issue lies. Which I'm almost certain that is where the issues are, especially from reading the issues the OP is having.

Edited by Orville
Hit 9, instead of 8 for decimal #18. Corrected.