Light-O-Rama Forums

Only a few pixels working

Zbabbs

6 hours ago, Zbabbs said:

the Unit Id of the pixie16 and 01,etc.. i tested them all ports are working. Do u think changing the Unit Ids will help ? 

Changing the unit ID of a pixel controller is a must if using a purchased sequence for the LOR store or WOW lights since normally their first several unit IDs are for AC channels. Think of it like this.

A pixie16 uses 16 Unit IDs. Each unit ID has 50 pixels per string. Each pixel consumes 3 circuits.

An AC controller has 16 circuits therefore if you take unit ID 1 of a pixie16 and connect it to an AC channel 16 circuits will equal 5 RGB pixels and 1 extra red pixel since it will not have enough power to light up full white.

SO if a prebuilt sequence has units IDs 1-4 set up as AC channels and then 5-8 as dumb RGB which equals the same as AC channels you may get 6 pixels per port (unit ID) of a pixie16's first ports to light and may be lucky enough to get some other lights on a pixie16 but never  the full 50 pixels per port unles you modify and get creative or buy the MP to match the base sequence.

JR

25 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Changing the unit ID of a pixel controller is a must if using a purchased sequence for the LOR store or WOW lights since normally their first several unit IDs are for AC channels. Think of it like this.

A pixie16 uses 16 Unit IDs. Each unit ID has 50 pixels per string. Each pixel consumes 3 circuits.

An AC controller has 16 circuits therefore if you take unit ID 1 of a pixie16 and connect it to an AC channel 16 circuits will equal 5 RGB pixels and 1 extra red pixel since it will not have enough power to light up full white.

SO if a prebuilt sequence has units IDs 1-4 set up as AC channels and then 5-8 as dumb RGB which equals the same as AC channels you may get 6 pixels per port (unit ID) of a pixie16's first ports to light and may be lucky enough to get some other lights on a pixie16 but never  the full 50 pixels per port unles you modify and get creative or buy the MP to match the base sequence.

JR

Thanks JR, I did a lot more research tonight. I turned all the dip things on the board to off. I used ID 07 nothing, 08, nothing, tried 70 which is a 16x50 pixel tree nothing. 

I also read where u could turn the Pixie16 into a dumb pixel controller under configuration, that also didn’t do anything, outside of a few lights like your saying. 

not sure what u mean by buy an MP. I’m guessing my only option is to get modifiable SD cards, or create my own sequences. 

at this point I want to just return the Pixie16 lol. Or save it for a 16x50 mega tree which will also not work with these SD cards. Unless I’m over thinking this. 

1 hour ago, Zbabbs said:

Thanks JR, I did a lot more research tonight. I turned all the dip things on the board to off. I used ID 07 nothing, 08, nothing, tried 70 which is a 16x50 pixel tree nothing. 

I also read where u could turn the Pixie16 into a dumb pixel controller under configuration, that also didn’t do anything, outside of a few lights like your saying. 

not sure what u mean by buy an MP. I’m guessing my only option is to get modifiable SD cards, or create my own sequences. 

at this point I want to just return the Pixie16 lol. Or save it for a 16x50 mega tree which will also not work with these SD cards. Unless I’m over thinking this. 

MP is Motion Pack however LOR doesn't have a MP for a pixie 16 MT.

You may have an option buying a MP for the 8x25 tree and use your pixie16 like the pixie8 however that would take some creativity.

The absolute easiest way is to purchase the YCM versions of the sequences. You would only be billed for the difference not for the full amount. Once you have that I would be willing to teach you haw to use the YCM sequence to fit your needs.

All you have to do is ask me and send a PM. Just a little ingenuity I have been helping people learn.

JR

The CMB24 emulation (I had not know about this before) is only available on Gen 2 Pixies. The manual has me confused on how to sequence this mode ( I will play with it off season).

Note: We now need to  keep track of which Gen pixies are where if we need this feature. (I have 2@ of type of Pixie 4) Also this is another case where Bigger (port count), may not be better if you need both Smart and Dumb modes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dibblejr said:

MP is Motion Pack however LOR doesn't have a MP for a pixie 16 MT.

You may have an option buying a MP for the 8x25 tree and use your pixie16 like the pixie8 however that would take some creativity.

The absolute easiest way is to purchase the YCM versions of the sequences. You would only be billed for the difference not for the full amount. Once you have that I would be willing to teach you haw to use the YCM sequence to fit your needs.

All you have to do is ask me and send a PM. Just a little ingenuity I have been helping people learn.

JR

JR, thanks for trying to help me. Really appreciate it. I will see if support will let me buy the YCM upgrade to these sequences. I’m guessing they will have to send me new SD cards. 

36 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

The CMB24 emulation (I had not know about this before) is only available on Gen 2 Pixies. The manual has me confused on how to sequence this mode ( I will play with it off season).

Note: We now need to  keep track of which Gen pixies are where if we need this feature. (I have 2@ of type of Pixie 4) Also this is another case where Bigger (port count), may not be better if you need both Smart and Dumb modes.

Ducks, I’ve read the SD card manual and a ton of stuff on this Pixie16. It’s driving me nuts lol. Almost to the point of taking all the pixels down and putting regular lights off and just waiting until the off season where I can sequence my own shows. 

2 hours ago, Zbabbs said:

JR, thanks for trying to help me. Really appreciate it. I will see if support will let me buy the YCM upgrade to these sequences. I’m guessing they will have to send me new SD cards. 

You are welcome. Once you have one let me know and I will show you some tips to use your pixie16 to benefit you from the sequences you purchased.

JR

Update, Spoke to LOR support again for the 50th time. They are also advising that I upgrade the RTG sequence cards to YCM. They had me open a new ticket to get this done. As soon as i have them I will reach out JR. 

Thanks everyone again for the help. Excited about this hobby but want to learn more. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zbabbs said:

Update, Spoke to LOR support again for the 50th time. They are also advising that I upgrade the RTG sequence cards to YCM. They had me open a new ticket to get this done. As soon as i have them I will reach out JR. 

Thanks everyone again for the help. Excited about this hobby but want to learn more. 

Just let me know and if my PMs are full feel free to let me know here that it is full and I will contact you. 

JR