Light-O-Rama Forums

Can’t get Pixels to run in show with my Ac lights

Phild

I am running Software Version 5.6.6 pro and have 5 Ac controllers running on regular net . I have added a Pixie 8 D running smart pixels as though they were dumb the problem is the pixels will not run in the show with the AC controllers, the pixie will run its part of the show only if it’s running by itself. I have the AC controllers running on Comm 3 with no problems, the Pixie8D is on Comm 4 by itself . The net configuration  is regular on Comm 3,  Pixie is Comm 4 500 enhanced, I checked the Control Lights in the SE and Control lights box is checked, I. Can’t figure it out.

You said somewhat conflicting statements so need to clarify what you are doing.

12 minutes ago, Phild said:

I have added a Pixie 8 D running smart pixels as though they were dumb the problem is the pixels will not run in the show with the AC controllers

The net configuration  is regular on Comm 3,  Pixie is Comm 4 500 enhanced, I checked the Control Lights in the SE and Control lights box is checked,

The first line would imply trying to play a show using the show player , and the second line implies trying to play the lights via the Sequencer.  How are you attempting to control the lights?

Also, your profile says you have an advanced level software license, but you say you are set to Enhanced LOR networking which requires a Pro level license.  I assume you actually have the Pro level license since you should not be able to select ELOR without it.  Assuming that is the case, please update your profile as answers frequently depend on version and license information.

I am trying to run my lights in a Show advice from LOR says that I must have Control Lights selected on the SE as well as the Regular Com and Aux A at 500 enhanced. Must be checked.

3 minutes ago, Phild said:

I am trying to run my lights in a Show advice from LOR says that I must have Control Lights selected on the SE as well as the Regular Com and Aux A at 500 enhanced. Must be checked.

Again, your statements are conflicting.  Yes, you do need to have the Control Panel (and therefore the Comm Listener) running, the Control Lights selected and the networks selected when trying to run the lights from Sequencer, but that has nothing to do with running the lights in a show - other than the Control Panel needs to be running for running from the show player.

And thank you for updating your profile.

Well that’s fine Jim but I was just doing what they told me , I just invested a few thousand in software , equipment and sequences and can only run a half show , it’s getting a little frustrating trying to get this fixed.

1 minute ago, Phild said:

Well that’s fine Jim but I was just doing what they told me , I just invested a few thousand in software , equipment and sequences and can only run a half show , it’s getting a little frustrating trying to get this fixed.

K6ccc has been around quite a bit. You may have been 'Told", but that was based on your trouble report (and those are usually incomplete or wrong. Ever man a Help desk???)

2 minutes ago, Phild said:

Isn’t this forum for help and advice?

And you told K6CCC his advice was not good :(. My experience is it usually is

Are you using purchased sequences or sequences you created?

Are you using Show Editor/ Show Scheduler/ SSB to create your show?

JR 

@Phild  I still think your answers are confusing playing a show and controlling the lights from the Sequencer.  Completely different.  Which are you trying to do?