Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie16 slight flicker/flutter on ports 1-8

Dave Plummer

I have a new Pixie16 used for a 16x60 CCR Tree.    I've notices a slight flicker/flutter of the first 8 ports when they are on.   They display everything correctly as far as time and color, but when the pixels are on they have slight flicker to them.    This happens across all of my sequences.  I'm running the lastest version of S4.   I have the Pixie16 on a high speed dongle and it is the only device on that network.

7 hours ago, Dave Plummer said:

I have a new Pixie16 used for a 16x60 CCR Tree.    I've notices a slight flicker/flutter of the first 8 ports when they are on.   They display everything correctly as far as time and color, but when the pixels are on they have slight flicker to them.    This happens across all of my sequences.  I'm running the lastest version of S4.   I have the Pixie16 on a high speed dongle and it is the only device on that network.

Network speed 500K Enhanced?

Check to ensure you have all of the wires with good contact in the green terminal lugs. All it takes is 1 loose wire and it can effect the entire bank.

Also you can run a pixie controller at 1000K Enhanced by itself or other pixies and a pixcon16. You just cannot have any controllers like AC and CMB that cannot run at 1000K on te network.

JR

Yes, I have it set for 500k, I ran a wire direct from the PC just for the Pixie, so it's alone on its own network..   Checked the terminals and all seems good....

On 12/1/2021 at 4:49 PM, Dave Plummer said:

Yes, I have it set for 500k, I ran a wire direct from the PC just for the Pixie, so it's alone on its own network..   Checked the terminals and all seems good....

Dave, I had this same problem when I used my Pixie16 to run my megatree. I think the issue is the 500k isn't fast enough to get all the data to your tree and I'm sure dibble is correct. He's really good at this! I upgraded to the Pixcon16 last year and it fixed my problem. Interestingly enough, I'm using 5.6.8 this year and I haven't changed anything or added any new props, w/ the exception of upgrading the S5 to 5.6.8 and the strobing and flashing problem came back and i've yet to fix it. I'm hoping the help desk has some good insight cause i've pulled out any remaining hair I had left. lol

Edited by LightshowNoober

On 12/1/2021 at 5:49 PM, Dave Plummer said:

If your lights flicker you have bad connections or way under power.

if you made your own extensions instead of purchased extensions I would start by removing them if more than 24”. I’m tallowing about extensions made from wire like car speaker wire 18/2 stuff like that. It just ends up horrible.

Between that and sequence bleed

Loose wires at the green terminal lugs.

Stuff like that.

JR