Light-O-Rama Forums

How can Pixcon16 port control 340 pixels

purdurnr

I would like to insert an extra 111 pixels as a matrix into one of my existing PIXCON16 ports.

I have the controller in LOR mode.

Each port/channel currently has 100 pixels as part of my megatree. (15 ports x 100 leds)

That would put me at 211 pixels for this single channel, well under the 340 claimed in the product page.

The prop tool seems to be limiting the amount of pixels?

Max circuits at 512?  That seems like 3 x 170.  Which I see 170 lots of places... but I really want the 340 :)

How can I have 340 pixels in a PIXCON port? (https://www1.lightorama.com/pixcon16/)

WORST case, which I really don't want to do... I can double up 2 ports to have 150 leds for the tree.  Leaving 1 port just for this strip/matrix.  BUT that sucks.  I would likely need to redo some of my sequences (Superstar, Channel Control)

Appreciate any ideas on how to add these 111 leds to the end of a 100 strip Pixcon16 port.

You haven't mentioned what network the Pixcon16 is running on. The 340 pixel limit is if you are using the Pixcon16 in E1.31 mode, it is limited to 170 pixels in in Enhanced LOR mode.

59 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

You haven't mentioned what network the Pixcon16 is running on. The 340 pixel limit is if you are using the Pixcon16 in E1.31 mode, it is limited to 170 pixels in in Enhanced LOR mode.

OK.  I am running in Enchanced LOR mode.  So guess I need to bunch up some of the other channels.

Thanks!

Split up the matrix into a couple of pieces with each segment on the end of one of the existing mega tree strings.