Light-O-Rama Forums

Help scaling a megatree from 50 pixels to 170 pixels

notredameforlife

I bought some 16ccr 50 pixel sequences but  I am having issues converting the big megatrees, they convert but its like they dont do any thinning and it only plays some of the song.   I open superstar under that tree, open the 16ccr sequence that i bought unaltered, hit select all, change the scene so it selects the whole song then i go to move or scale effects, I made sure the first row says 16 and 50 pixels and then I changed i to 16 and 138 which is what my megatree is. It doesnt thin the song as santa claus and the hippo is very big and the rest doesnt play since every effect is so big, i have scene thinning on....  It seems I never have issues converting a megatree from 50 pixels to 100 pixels but when i try to convert my big megatree, one is 138 and one is 170 pixels i have trouble sometimes....

From your description it sounds like this is in SuperStar.  I went through that a few years ago when I scaled my pixel tree from 12 x 50 to 24 x 100.  Remember that you have to scale Scenes, Morphs, Images, Smooth Effects all separately.  When you select all, what type of effect will be modified is based on the earliest time effect selected.  In other words, when you select all effects, if the first effect happens to be a scene, then only scenes will be scaled.  And if there is tie on earliest time, then the lowest row number wins.  And yes, there will still be things that you want to manually modify.  For example, in my case with double the number of pixels in both axis a single pixel became four pixels.  For some things that was fine, but for some I really wanted it to be a single pixel.

Thats weird..... I am trying to modify all scenes together, i thought superstar has the ability to do that, im able to modify 50 pixels to 100 with no issues, 

2 hours ago, notredameforlife said:

Thats weird..... I am trying to modify all scenes together, i thought superstar has the ability to do that, im able to modify 50 pixels to 100 with no issues, 

You can do all scenes together.  Then do all Morphs together.  Then all Images, etc.  But each type of effect is done separately.

Correction.  I did not realize that the ability to scale all effect types at the same time got added a while back.  I was on a remote session with Brian and he pointed that out.

brian was able to help me. for some reason either I accidentally clicked it or the person I bought the sequence from hit pixel extender and it wouldnt scale.