Light-O-Rama Forums

Butt Connectors for RGB pixels

kornerb

I want to shorten the dangle on some of my RGB Bullet Pixel strings. Does anyone have a weatherproof butt connector that they recommend? Trying to NOT have to butt connect each individual wire. 

37 minutes ago, kornerb said:

I want to shorten the dangle on some of my RGB Bullet Pixel strings. Does anyone have a weatherproof butt connector that they recommend? Trying to NOT have to butt connect each individual wire. 

Gang connections: Don't do it 🥵

A few years back I saw and bought those snap connectors for RGB ribbons. A plague. If you got them to work, they would just go intermittent a while later. (The location was a sheltered porch)

Beans (Gel filled B-connectors) work, but really, best leave factory stuff in place unless it cause lighting troubles. Just Zip tie (UV resistant)

• 5 weeks later...

Agree - solder and heat shrink tubing is the way to go.  I will use Scotchlok UR and ULG connectors for temporary connections when it is not convenient to solder (for example 15 feet up my pixel tree), but those are generally replaced with a proper solder connection when the tree comes down.

I wouldn’t cut the dongles to shorted. Why?

just use a zip tie. Any cutting opens you up for problems.

The only ones I cut are on props that are small and I don’t want to have 40 extra pixels.

Just my $.02 though

JR