Light-O-Rama Forums

Help with my Gen3 Controllers

diazji

Gen3 Controllers work in HU, but not when running in sequencer.
When I use the sequencer, none of the lights on my (two) Gen3 Controllers work. My other (Three) Pixie 16 and (One) CMB24d Controllers work fine. I have all my usual controllers connected on the same network. When I run in HU, they work. When I run in sequencer, they don't.
      1. I use USB485 Red en500K
      2. Three Pixie 16 Ver 1.04
      3. One CMB 24D Ver 1.05
      4. Two 16PC-G3 Ver 1.06
Why Gen3 Controllers won't work with the sequencer.
Thanks so much for any help.

I would start by double checking that they are defined in your preview with the same unit id's that are actually set on the controller.

Version 1.06 firmware is quite old.  I don't remember if those controllers requires a firmware update to run 500K Enhanced, but that's my first guess.  Can't check mine right now because my show is running.

Thank you all very much for your valuable information. The problem was the CTB16G3 firmware update I updated it to Ver 1.09 and solved the problem.

4 hours ago, diazji said:

Thank you all very much for your valuable information. The problem was the CTB16G3 firmware update I updated it to Ver 1.09 and solved the problem.

Glad it was that easy.  Since my show is not running, I looked.  My three active CTB16PC controllers are version 1.08 and run Enhanced networking just fine.  After the show season is completed, maybe I'll update those, but not gonna do it now!