Light-O-Rama Forums

Original CCR WAS not working, what my problem was.

prevue12

I have four original CCRs that I use as arches, two worked, two didn't. After swearing like the sailor I was.  I swapped out controllers, and tested again. Retest resulted in in more  salty "nautical" language, CCRs not working correctly.  Problem solved by going  into the preview and double checking the settings for the arches, somehow the start and finish channels were not 1 -150, but 151-300.  Switched them up and all is good.   Sharing my pain so it might be able to help someone trouble shoot in the future, and solve a problem.

You will never believe what I did today. I turned everything on for a test and a group of my windows on my E1.31 network came on green. I went hmmm, I forgot to turn the Control Panel on. I turned the CP on and the windows stayed green, hmmm, what is happening here. I started troubleshooting and couldn't figure it out. After three hours of checking, double checking and rechecking I happened to glance at the ground and there it was, I forgot to connect the cat5 cable to the controller, DUH.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

You will never believe what I did today. I turned everything on for a test and a group of my windows on my E1.31 network came on green. I went hmmm, I forgot to turn the Control Panel on. I turned the CP on and the windows stayed green, hmmm, what is happening here. I started troubleshooting and couldn't figure it out. After three hours of checking, double checking and rechecking I happened to glance at the ground and there it was, I forgot to connect the cat5 cable to the controller, DUH.

Note to all- it can happen to anyone.

Glad you found it my friend.

JR

• Like 1

2 hours ago, prevue12 said:

I have four original CCRs that I use as arches, two worked, two didn't. After swearing like the sailor I was.  I swapped out controllers, and tested again. Retest resulted in in more  salty "nautical" language, CCRs not working correctly.  Problem solved by going  into the preview and double checking the settings for the arches, somehow the start and finish channels were not 1 -150, but 151-300.  Switched them up and all is good.   Sharing my pain so it might be able to help someone trouble shoot in the future, and solve a problem.

Normally that happens when you have a DMX prop and change it to LOR and forget to change the consecutive unit IDs and start / end circuits

JR

23 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Note to all- it can happen to anyone.

Glad you found it my friend.

JR

Yep, it doesn't matter if you are brand new to this lighting stuff or a veteran of many, many years, it happens to the best of us. 😁

• Like 1