Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie controllers and Pixielink

kj11856

I need to know how to setup a pixielink to control pixie 4 and pixie 16s. I have the pixielink network configured but what configuration do i need to set the controllers as in controller ids and what do I set my props in s5. channel configuration in the prop. i have been using LOR since 2006. this has me scratching my head. s5 pro level

I don't have a PixieLink, so only general answers here from me.

In S5, you are setting props to DMX universes instead of LOR Unit IDs.  In Network Preferences, you set the DMX Universes to use the IP of PixieLink.  In the PixieLink, you map the DMX universes to Unit IDs of the Pixie controllers and output ports of the PixieLink.  Sorry, can't give any more details on the PixieLink, but if you have further questions about the DMX setup in S5, that I can answer - I run 140 DMX universes in my show.

I got it fixed. But I have 3 pixcons that are giving me fits. I’m not sure how to se the unit ids in the pic on settings 

4 minutes ago, kj11856 said:

I got it fixed. But I have 3 pixcons that are giving me fits. I’m not sure how to se the unit ids in the pic on settings 

Confusion here.  If you have Pixcon 16 controllers, why are you using a PixieLink?  Pixcon 16 natively will run E1.31.  The PixieLink is a bridge to use E1.31 to drive Pixie controllers.

• Like 1

I assume you are running the Pixcon 16 controllers on E1.31 over Ethernet and not via the PixieLink and then LOR networking?  And the 5 regular controllers on a native LOR network?

4 hours ago, kj11856 said:

No I’m trying to send them through the pixie link also in elor mode

Like JR said - Why?