Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie 8 Compatible Bullet Pixels

DumlaoLights

Hey guys!

Kind of new to all the pixel stuff but we had just recently bought a Pixie 8 12v controller and we had bullet pixels that are ws2811 to connect to it for our pixel tree this year. When I went to try and connect it they don't fit with the pigtails. Is there any solutions you guys recommend or like what kind of bullet pixels would I need to get that have pigtails that would connect to the Pixie 8 controller?

16 minutes ago, DumlaoLights said:

Hey guys!

Kind of new to all the pixel stuff but we had just recently bought a Pixie 8 12v controller and we had bullet pixels that are ws2811 to connect to it for our pixel tree this year. When I went to try and connect it they don't fit with the pigtails. Is there any solutions you guys recommend or like what kind of bullet pixels would I need to get that have pigtails that would connect to the Pixie 8 controller?

Pigtails are Vendor specific.  When you go that route, you pretty much get in bed with that vendor. There are a couple of sites the offer multiple 'styles' .

KISS. too many similar (looking) will lead to frustration. Some may even mate BUT smoke may escape.

The nice thing about Pixies, is the pigtails are plugged into the board. AND LOR sells an 8pack of those plugs. You could keep the existing pigtail ready tog, and build alternates, and do a quick change.

My experience is changing the wire side tends to mess up the wire clamp, so I suggest not doing a wire swap if you plan on using the old later

• Like 1

So the Pixel Lights we have are from wally lights the 12v bullet pixels with xConnect pigtails. Is there any way I can get those to work without having to change the pigtails already connected to the controller? 

3 hours ago, DumlaoLights said:

So the Pixel Lights we have are from wally lights the 12v bullet pixels with xConnect pigtails. Is there any way I can get those to work without having to change the pigtails already connected to the controller? 

HC sells an adapter about $2 or so each. You would probably want the LOR out to Xconnect IN.

JR

46 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

HC sells an adapter about $2 or so each. You would probably want the LOR out to Xconnect IN.

JR

Thank you so much! Just checked them out hopefully they work!