Light-O-Rama Forums

Conflict with 2 pixie controllers

LangfordDave

Last year I added my first Pixie controller - a Pixie 16.  Worked great.  This year I added a Pixie 8 to the show.  When I test lights with HU they all behave as expected, but when I try to run my show, none of the sequencing for the Pixie 8 works.  However, the sequencing for ports 1-4 on Pixie 16 also display on ports 5-8 of the Pixie 8.  In S5 Preview it all works properly.  What am I doing wrong?

Notes: Both pixies do not have same firmware version, the P16 still has an older version from last year.  Should they have matching firmware? Also, the P8 is at the end of my daisy chain of 2 AC controllers and 2 Pixies, but it's Controller ID is lower than the P16.  Would that matter?

Most likely a Unit ID conflict.  Remember that the Pixie 16 uses 16 IDs (one for each output port), and the Pixie 8 uses 8 IDs (again, one for each output port).  Also remember that LOR Unit IDs count in Hexadecimal.

What are the Unit IDs for the two Pixie controllers?

4 minutes ago, LangfordDave said:

THe P16 is 11, and the P8 is 0D

Yes, that would be a problem!  With the Pixie assigned ID 11, it is using 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E, 1F, and 20.  The Pixie 8 with an assigned ID of 0D is using 0D, 0E, 0F, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14.  See your problem?

Yep, I should have known better! I reassigned the P8 to ID 28 and it has resolved that problem, thanks. smh

HOWEVER, now no lights are coming on on the P8 when I try to run the show (except the sequencing for port 8 is showing on port 4).  There should be no channel conflicts now as I have nothing else that high.  I can confirm they all work in HU and in test mode, and I can confirm that the prop assigned to port 8 is, in fact, plugged in to port 8.  Other than changing the Unit ID in HU, is there anything else I needed to do?

Did you change the IDs in the sequence you are testing with to match the new Unit IDs?

In S5, that is done in the Preview Editor...

I did not.  And that fixed it once and for all.  Many thanks! 

I thought I was a smart guy, but RGB just messes with my brain...!

2 minutes ago, LangfordDave said:

I thought I was a smart guy, but RGB just messes with my brain...!

It requires some learning.  Just want until you try E1.31 and more stuff to learn...