Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Colors reversed on Pixie2D Controllers

SparkArk

Hello everyone,

Relatively new to LOR. Tried to add some new CCRII's this year to my setup. Just had a small tree before that with a Pixie8 controller. Anyway, got the ribbons all set up, I have two ribbons plugged into each controller. The daisy chain for ethernet cable goes Computer > Pixie8 > Pixie2 #1 > Pixie2 #2. However, when I try to run the HU or the SE, the colors are most definitely reversed. Red = Blue, Green = Red, Blue = Green. I've tried updating the firmware, then downgrading the firmware on each PIxie2 controller and still nothing. I can go to the config and set the colors to be BGR or whatever, but it doesn't "stick" as I've seen others say. I would appreciate any help on getting this to be RGB, as expected. Thanks!

Aaron A

9 minutes ago, SparkArk said:

Hello everyone,

Relatively new to LOR. Tried to add some new CCRII's this year to my setup. Just had a small tree before that with a Pixie8 controller. Anyway, got the ribbons all set up, I have two ribbons plugged into each controller. The daisy chain for ethernet cable goes Computer > Pixie8 > Pixie2 #1 > Pixie2 #2. However, when I try to run the HU or the SE, the colors are most definitely reversed. Red = Blue, Green = Red, Blue = Green. I've tried updating the firmware, then downgrading the firmware on each PIxie2 controller and still nothing. I can go to the config and set the colors to be BGR or whatever, but it doesn't "stick" as I've seen others say. I would appreciate any help on getting this to be RGB, as expected. Thanks!

Aaron A

Go to the Advanced screen for the Pixie/CCR and change the color order there (the regular level does not seem to take). See page 16 in your Pixie manual.

If that does not work open the cover and REMOVE JP5 (park it on 1 pin only so as to not lose it)

Do not use the "set all" in the HU. Use the individual boxes next to each port to set the colors.

Ensure the Logical Resolution is set to 50 even if you have 1000 pixels. 5o is the setting.

Turn off all dip switches and use the HU to set the unit IDs

Ensure no jumper on pins JP3, JP4 or JP5 if any are present please remove.

Network speed of 500K Enhanced is required 

JR

Attached a pic of one of the controllers before I did anything else. I did put dip switch 7 up the other day on one of them because I couldn't get all three controllers to register in HU until I did that. There's no jumpers on JP5. I tried removing all the jumpers on JP2 and JP3 and now the LED status light just flashes and they are not discovering in HU at all. Based on the labels on the circuit board, I'm guessing jumpers are still needed on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rows so I'll put those back and try again with the settings. I'm going to leave all the dip switches down on the two Pixie2s this time and see if that does anything.IMG_2494.jpg.4f8d639fb1dbf1277caf3aa9f410f4e9.jpg

Edited by SparkArk

You do know that by turning on the #7 dip switch that you just gave that controller unit IDs 2 & 3 right? Turn all dip switches off (down) and set the ID with the HU keeping in mind that all Pixie controllers use as many IDs as they have ports.

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

You do know that by turning on the #7 dip switch that you just gave that controller unit IDs 2 & 3 right? Turn all dip switches off (down) and set the ID with the HU keeping in mind that all Pixie controllers use as many IDs as they have ports.

Thanks, Mr. P. That helped me learn about that aspect of the Pixie controllers which I did not know before. I did finally get this original issue fixed by going to the advanced settings in HU. I needed to change it to BRG instead of BGR. I also needed to use the second unit as ID 03.

Thanks to everyone for helping out! Now on to my next question but I’ll start a new post since it’s different from this. :)