Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR gen 1 not working

Lightnewbie

Hi all, I ran my show tonight to test out everything. I have 1 CTB16PC, two original CCRs and a n2-G4 director. All lights worked except the CCR. I checked the CCR controller and there is no status light. I am running one network and daisy chained both CCRs to my CTB16PC and I was under the assumption the controller would power the CCR controller. But no status light would tell me it’s not getting power. Bothe CCRs have different unit IDs. So I have three total unit ids. Can anyone help? 

Edited by Lightnewbie

Assuming you mean having the CTB16 power it like a CTB16 powers a Director or ELL over the Cat-5 network cable, no.

5 hours ago, Lightnewbie said:

Gotcha so the CTB16PC won’t power it? I’ll need another extension cord to power it separately? 

Yes, if it was not close to a wall outlet already 😁 AFAIK only ELL and Directors get power from controllers over the CAT5

I'm not sure the even CCR2 (AKA Pixie2) has power to spare/share. 5A seems kinda wimpy to me, but then I worked in the Power Development group of a major Telecom where too little, meant a system could shut down. 10Y MTBF was our target