Light-O-Rama Forums

New Pixel Tree Owner

Mcamnet

I know this is ultra basic. My new Pixel tree kit just arrived, been wanting to get one for the last few seasons.  

I got it all setup today. I also purchased a showtime director with an SD card.  All I want to do is download a few holiday sequences and let it run by itself. I don’t want to dedicate a PC to run this.

What should I do next to get started? Do I need to download special software just to put sequences on the SD card?

Are there any “getting started” videos I should watch..

Many thanks..

You will need 5.3.8 Pro or higher to do that tree. You will need 5.3.8 Pro or higher to modify them and to make your own using motion effects. They have a free sequence too for a 16 x 25 or for a 16 x 50 Smart Pixel tree. I have 4.4.14 Pro with Superstar Sequencer on this Laptop and 5.3.8 Pro on my other Laptop. I use my 4.4.14 Pro & sequence my Smart Pixel Arches, my 16 x 25 Smart Pixel Tree, and for my 6 sided Geometrical Smart Pixel Tree, and for my smart pixels on my house. These item are used sparingly to add some wow to the AC channels I use. I am using only red and green Leds lights this year so I don't need to get fancy.  So you should get that Pro license & buy any Lor sequences that have a 16 x 25 or if you have a 16 x 50 Smart Pixel tree sequences. You have no time to learn now.

On 11/21/2021 at 12:21 PM, lightzilla said:

You will need 5.3.8 Pro or higher to do that tree. You will need 5.3.8 Pro or higher to modify them and to make your own using motion effects. They have a free sequence too for a 16 x 25 or for a 16 x 50 Smart Pixel tree. I have 4.4.14 Pro with Superstar Sequencer on this Laptop and 5.3.8 Pro on my other Laptop. I use my 4.4.14 Pro & sequence my Smart Pixel Arches, my 16 x 25 Smart Pixel Tree, and for my 6 sided Geometrical Smart Pixel Tree, and for my smart pixels on my house. These item are used sparingly to add some wow to the AC channels I use. I am using only red and green Leds lights this year so I don't need to get fancy.  So you should get that Pro license & buy any Lor sequences that have a 16 x 25 or if you have a 16 x 50 Smart Pixel tree sequences. You have no time to learn now.

4.4.0 PRO or higher if it is an LOR Pixie series controller. Not sure where the 5.3.8 comes from.

JR