Light-O-Rama Forums

ZuZu Tree Controller keeps loosing power

Gmitch

I was able to set the new Unit ID for my ZuZu controller a few days ago, but now the controller will not maintain power and won't light up. I've reset the controller, with no luck. Is there another way for me to troubleshoot this? Thanks

2 hours ago, Gmitch said:

I was able to set the new Unit ID for my ZuZu controller a few days ago, but now the controller will not maintain power and won't light up. I've reset the controller, with no luck. Is there another way for me to troubleshoot this? Thanks

How did you set the new unit ID?

When you say "will not maintain power" does it mean that when plugged in the light continues to flash (status indicator) or the light goes off and stays off while powered up, or the light does not come on at all?

How did you reset the controller?

The correct "reset" procedure is;

1- Power up the unit

2- Push and hold the white / test button and continue to do so throughout the procedure

3- Unplug the controller

4- After the status light goes out wait for about 10 seconds

5- Plug the unit back in (power up)

6- As soon as the light flashes very fast ----- Now release the white button

The LED status light stays off while it is powered up. It may come on for a few seconds here and there. I just tried to reset again using your instructions, but the status didn't come on.😩 Thanks

Use a volt meter and verify if the power supply is working.  If not, verify the AC power source to the power supply.

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

Use a volt meter and verify if the power supply is working.  If not, verify the AC power source to the power supply.

Thanks! Yes, 120 coming in, and 12 AC power going out