Light-O-Rama Forums

ELL’s

Donl1150

I have used one set of ELL’s in past years and daisy chained 3 additional AC controllers from the one receiving controller and never had an issue.  

This year due to distances and a new layout, I want to have 3 AC controllers but each with its own receiving ELL.   Is this doable as long as each ELL is on the same channel?   The controllers will be Unit ID’s 1, 2 & 3.  

As I understand it, yes, that will work.  Never used ELLs so I'm only going by what I have heard here. 

It "should" work just fine. I use to use ELL's a bunch but started getting interference from someone or something else. One day during a season's show, I saw a guy outside with a hand-held meter and talking to someone on the phone. Saying it was something with my house causing him problems. I'm thinking a HAM Radio Operator but I wouldn't think the ELL's running in the 900Mhz range would cause him any trouble. I finally had to stop using them completely because the lights had a mind of their own. After going back to fixed wire RS485, no more issues.