Light-O-Rama Forums

Mounting/Hanging LOR Singing Tree with Boscoyo Strips?

Halladaylights

I'm new to LOR this year, but have been reading the forum for almost the entire year.   After reading through many threads, I have seen mention about mounting the LOR Singing Trees with Boscoyo Strips, but can't seem to find pics or instructions.   Does anyone happen to have any pictures or instructions of how they did this mounting method?  In this method, where have you mounted the Pixie 2 controller?  I have Zuzu and Elden on order with LOR and want to make sure I am prepared to add into my display when they arrive.  I plan on hanging both between windows on my 1st and 2nd stories.  I'd like to keep them as light as possible and able to go back into their boxes for storage in the off season.   Thanks in advance for the help.

Wrong product for the task.  If you are going to hang them, a simple piece of light rope from each upper corner to eye bolts on whatever they will be hanging from.

k6ccc: Thanks for offering an alternative method for what I was asking. 

But, I was referring to the method dibblejr mentioned in these threads.  I guess it will probably be more self-explanatory once I have the LOR singing faces to look at.

7 hours ago, Halladaylights said:

k6ccc: Thanks for offering an alternative method for what I was asking. 

But, I was referring to the method dibblejr mentioned in these threads.  I guess it will probably be more self-explanatory once I have the LOR singing faces to look at.

Boscoyo strips work great to hang them.

I sourced out a Greta company that makes all of my prop frames now from al and I use plastic corners and a hammer and the frames are done.

Mount the singing quartet to the frame and use Boscoyo strips to mount my singers wherever I want.

As before i started framing them just eye hooks worked great. The strips and frames give me added support and they are extremely light.

Esto Connectors 1” al 2x 37” and 2x40” each length. They cut to spec and IMO just as affordable as your local hardware store. 4- 1” corners as well.

They have several color options but I just use milled finish since they are covered frames.

JR

Edited by dibblejr
  • Like 1

Thank you so much for the info and videos JR!  Exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks also for the info on the aluminum frame material. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Halladaylights said:

Thank you so much for the info and videos JR!  Exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks also for the info on the aluminum frame material. 

You are welcome. You can see the second video they are hanging on the wall without frames. This is my sequencing test set. The others are all framed as video 1

JR