Light-O-Rama Forums

Can Pixie16D run at 1000 on its own enhanced network?

machtoo

No according to the Network speeds chart.  500K max and you can use ELOR so 1K should not be need if this is the only biggie on that net

4 hours ago, machtoo said:

Yes, latest releases firmware allows 1000k enhanced if and only if pixie controllers are connected.

However I still only use 500k Enhanced - but the answer to your question now is “yes”. A few months ago it would have been “No”

JR

Edited by dibblejr

4 hours ago, machtoo said:

Yes, it can.  So can the Pixie2's, the ones that come with the LOR Singing Trees.  I've been running mine on 1,000K {singing LOR trees} on an N4-G4 Director for two years now on Aux B, the Pixie16D, also at 1,000K on Aux C, all RGB Controllers I have are set to an Enhanced Network.  The only ones I have that can't do 1,000K are the older 5V CCB100D Controllers, 500K is their limit.

Excellent!  Thanks for the responses.  I updated the controller already to the latest firmware and the pixel tree is set for AuxB at 1000K Enhanced.  My CCR tree is on AuxA set at 500K Enhanced.  Will be cabling up this week and expect to run a test show next weekend.  The Regular network is set at 57K for the 22 legacy ac controllers.

Still wondering if it is possible to run a test show from a laptop with only one network and serial adapter connected setting the Com Port to the Aux B high speed network?

Thanks all

1 hour ago, machtoo said:

Still wondering if it is possible to run a test show from a laptop with only one network and serial adapter connected setting the Com Port to the Aux B high speed network?

As I mentioned in another thread, yes you can - sort of.  You can't run it as a show, but you can play it from the Sequencer.  When you pull out the "Control Lights" tab on the right, one of the options is to enable or disable each network.  So if you have the one network set to the Comm port number for your one USB to RS485 adapter, you can enable that one network and control it.