Light-O-Rama Forums

E131 output works through Xlights but not LOR.

Daryl Hurd

FIrst time using S5 but used to running pixels.

Setup for unicast on E682 and F48 controllers. Network preferences updated for universes and unicast/IP addresses of both..

I have Xlights running the same control and lights work with E1.31 packets showing up at controller in usual numbers.

But in LOR, com listener is running and I only see a few packets hit the controller when running the show. Confirmed universes are set to the props, network config set for right universes and IP addresses. But I get nothing.

Windows Firewall and Defender turned off. I am running Win10.

My (limited) experience with S5 Pro is --- you have to assign a motion effects channel/row to a prop, then add the motion effect you want in the Sequence Editor.  I started using S5 Pro, but now I'm back to S4 Pro since that works the way I expect.  I was able to see the lights working  in the Visualizer, but I could not control them when I used S5 Pro.  I hope all the new users of S5 Pro are hooking their controllers up now to confirm things are working - rather than waiting until it's show time!  I'm glad I did!

And yes - I saw the same behavior as you are seeing - the Universes getting pinged now and then, but no lights.  And make sure "Control lights: is checked in the Sequence Editor!

Edited by wbaker4

I went back and added a Motion Effect row and then recreated the motion effect on that line.. But still no joy.

I did confirm Control Lights are enabled.

...and you have control panel running - right?  LOR COMM Listener shows all of the Universes you defined?

Sounds like the same issue I had.

Have you tried creating a new sequence and add in a motion effect or two on the prop you're testing?  May work.  I seem to recall a message when assigning a motion effect channel to a prop that it only takes effect for new sequences.

This didn't do me any good since I like to cut and paste effects created with xlights into a LOR sequence.  I could do that with S4 and control the lights.

By the way - I am using the E682's and E6804's as well.

Edited by wbaker4

So I did that. I created an animation and the lights are now working.

Is there a workaround to get existing sequences to work? If I have to redo all of them, that is going to suck..

Also I created a completely new musical sequence with the same set of props in the preview. Adding a motion effect and it was still able to run the lights.

But when I copied parts of the old sequence (NON-Pixels into NON-pixels) into it, the sequence fails to run lights.

So the issue arises when you attempt to run the sequence using props that are not E1.31.  Is that correct?

Do you have those props assigned to one of the LOR networks (Regular or one of the Aux networks)?  

Do you have an LOR adapter plugged in to your computer? 

Does the COM port assigned to the adapter match the port setting in the LOR network settings?

17 hours ago, wbaker4 said:

My (limited) experience with S5 Pro is --- you have to assign a motion effects channel/row to a prop, then add the motion effect you want in the Sequence Editor. 

That part is completely wrong.  Standard Sequencer (what S4 people know of as Sequence Editor) sequencing will work just fine in S5.

I'm going along with what basis21b said.  The other probability is that the preview is not set up correctly.

Daryl, do you have TeamViewer installed on your computer?  If so, I can remote in and work with you to figure out what is amiss.

11 hours ago, basis21b said:

So the issue arises when you attempt to run the sequence using props that are not E1.31.  Is that correct?

Do you have those props assigned to one of the LOR networks (Regular or one of the Aux networks)?  

Do you have an LOR adapter plugged in to your computer? 

Does the COM port assigned to the adapter match the port setting in the LOR network settings?

No E1.31 props in particular a pixel tree.

No network assigned as they are DMX universes.

No was just trying to get the E1.31 stuff working.

22 hours ago, Daryl Hurd said:

But when I copied parts of the old sequence (NON-Pixels into NON-pixels) into it, the sequence fails to run lights.

My questions referred specifically to this part of your comment.

You say when you copy into NON-Pixels into NON-Pixels a new sequence that worked stops working.  What are those NON-Pixel channels/prop that you are copying into?

Yes those are LOR AC controllers. No LOR adapter is defined was defined for them on a com port.

I tried adding a LOR adapter and still could not run the lights.

Daryl, asking again.  Do you have TeamViewer installed on that computer.  I am happy to remote in and work with you to figure out that is being missed.

On 11/6/2021 at 1:03 PM, k6ccc said:

That part is completely wrong.  Standard Sequencer (what S4 people know of as Sequence Editor) sequencing will work just fine in S5.

I was not able to control the lights using S5 by copying RGB Pixel info for a prop into the Sequence editor for that prop.  Perhaps there's an extra step that's needed that I didn't do.  I'll learn that next year.  For now I'm sticking with S4.

Nothing special.  I do it all the time.  My singing face sequences come from JR as S4 .lms files and I just copy them and paste the data into S5 sequences.  Now those are non-RGB, but I do the same thing with RGB stuff.

15 hours ago, Daryl Hurd said:

Yes those are LOR AC controllers. No LOR adapter is defined was defined for them on a com port.

I tried adding a LOR adapter and still could not run the lights.

Based on your earlier statement that things worked when you only sequenced E1.31 and then failed when you added NON-Pixel sequencing I am very suspicious there is some subtle issue with the non-E1.31 network.  Either the adapter is not functioning properly, there is an issue with the driver for the adapter, the COM port configuration is not working properly or some other network configuration is not functioning.

I would encourage you to take up Jim's offer to use TeamViewer to access your computer and see if he can determine the issue.  Based on his responses to other questions here, he is quite skilled with the configuration of multiple networks and troubleshooting issues.