Light-O-Rama Forums

Light linkers

MrKennyB

Bought light linkers for last Xmas and loved them! But this year I just set them up and nothing. Dead. No communication. 
nothing has changed in set up from last year. Hoping an easy fix

• 1 month later...

I'm having a similar problem.  They worked last year and this year they won't transmit.  They pass data through wired connections but won't send wireless to receiving unit.   I would love to know if there is any type of fix or something to  reignite them.  Ended up using two linkers as pass through relays so I could run a cat 5 cable from another controller with an empty jack to another on other side of driveway.  

Is there any chance that the antenna(s) were bent/damaged?  It is very difficult to see if the antenna was broken/damaged due to the external coating.  

There is discussion in this thread of communication issues with an ELL.  Of note, there was a time when contacting the LOR Helpdesk would result in them being able to provide the necessary replacement parts.

Have you checked their firmware for updates? Also, the transmitter must be plugged into a powered USB adapter.

Let me add/Edit here, I think their speed is limited to 115K so if you are on a data buss set to higher than that, they might not work. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.

Edited by dgrant
added

IIRC ELL do not auto detect the Network speed. You must set it (and @dgrant) is correct.  No Pixie type speeds.

If you need remote Pixies and use ELL there is a work around using a pair of N4-G4 show directors in a master/slave config .

I don't know if you can use a PC Master in that layout

• 11 months later...

I have the same issue now.   I had 3 units running last year - one transmitting and 2 receiving in different parts of the yard.   All using channel 16 at 115 k speed to drive 3 - ctb16 units.   Now HU won’t even find them.   I tried all 3 units separately, none picked up.   When I hard wire from the adapter to a single unit, it picks it up just fine.   So obviously the adapter is good and so is the controller.   The ELL is the issue.   Ideas?