Light-O-Rama Forums

Cmb24D stop working

Rjp

The cmb24D stopped working I can not find it in the hardware the red light blinks when the cat cable is not plugged in and stops blinking when I plug it in the controller was working since Oct 1st and was working I tried different cables any ideas the control was bought last year and I use it for LOR floods 

Is it the only controller on the Cable (network) ?

Have you had an electrical storm.? (the RS485 chip may be fried)

3 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Is it the only controller on the Cable (network) ?

Have you had an electrical storm.? (the RS485 chip may be fried)

There was a storm and since I was out of town for work my wife unplugged it but all my pixels working fine

Just now, Rjp said:

There was a storm and since I was out of town for work my wife unplugged it but all my pixels working fine

Yes rite now it is the only one on the network but when the rest of controls are plugged in it is the first one next to the Director and still sends to the rest 

He said the status light goes solid when the network heartbeat is there, so not likely the comm chip...

And not likely a cable issue if the downstream controllers work.

When you search with the Hardware Utility, are you searching for all possible IDs or limiting the number to the range you expect (so it does not take forever)?  Try it with the slider all the way up so all possible IDs are scanned.  It's possible that either one of the DIP switch positions got pushed or the switch is flaky.  Either of those could cause the ID to be something other than what you expect.

Yes I tried searching for all possible ids my dip switches are all in the off position I had set the unit Id from the hardware 

Do the lights still work when you run the sequence? I have a CMB24 that I can never find in the HU but it still runs fine in the sequence.

Reset the board with the dip switches then set the dip switches back to the unit ID. Make sure the dip switches are fully on or fully off as some may look like they are but aren't.

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

Reset the board with the dip switches then set the dip switches back to the unit ID. Make sure the dip switches are fully on or fully off as some may look like they are but aren't.

I just tried that and i still can not find it

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ballmiester said:

Did you ever figure it out? Mine is doing the exact same thing now and it was working fine!

No I did not figure it out I plan to send it to LOR and let them fix it