Light-O-Rama Forums

Cosmic Color Ribbon Controller

Lightnewbie

34 minutes ago, Orville said:

That's a new one to me: Get a new key?

I've been using the same key ever since I got into this hobby in 2010, it's never changed, and I've upgrade at least twice since that time.  My key has never changed or been changed, not even once!

The key  has 2 parts. 1) is YOUR account. 2) is the level

So the dif may be just a few characters

To be honest, I never compare them, I just entered them into the dialog

Once you get a LOR License Key, it does not change.

Ever.

When/If you upgrade your license you do NOT get a new key. Your current key is updated in the database. If you get a new license key, then you used the wrong email address when ordering your upgrade or renewal.

15 minutes ago, Don said:

Once you get a LOR License Key, it does not change.

Ever.

When/If you upgrade your license you do NOT get a new key. Your current key is updated in the database. If you get a new license key, then you used the wrong email address when ordering your upgrade or renewal.

So I needed to be Connected for the upgrade to 'take'? (I was). So all the work each time to sneakernet the key from my e-mail PC to the Show PC was wasted :unsure:

4 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

So I needed to be Connected for the upgrade to 'take'? (I was). So all the work each time to sneakernet the key from my e-mail PC to the Show PC was wasted :unsure:

Usually (keyword: Usually) a simple restart of the LOR Software will result in your license renewal/upgrade being applied. There are going to be rare instances where you would need to re-enter the license key. Again that should be a rare occurrence. I've upgraded/renewed a few times over the years, and I do not recall ever having to re-enter my license. YMMV.

Only time I had to reenter my license was when I did a complete wipe out of everything, including my license key, which the software asked whether I wanted to do that or not.  I said yes, since I was doing a complete, brand new re-installation.  Other than that one time, like Don, I've never had to reenter my key into the software after an upgrade.  Of course, I still have the same e-mail I registered with, so if I upgrade, that's where any info gets sent that may be needed, or required, like when checking if my license level covers a specific new version, or am I going to need to pay for a new upgrade for the latest version of the software suite.

Hey guys, I upgraded from the original CCR's to the CCR2 this year. The CCR2's look amazing in our Halloween display.  I'm fine tuning the Christmas show and I want to do arches using the original CCR strips. I have it working great in the preview on the S5 pro but I can't get the ccr's to play. I have checked the Port and comm settings along with the box ID and everything looks ok I think. I am not sure what could be stopping them from playing. Any ideas would be great

Confirming that you you are using the original CCR controller for your original strips?  If you try to drive the original CCRs with the Hardware Utility, can you turn on pixels?

Are you running this on an Enhanced LOR network?  The original CCRs will operate on an ELOR network only with recent firmware.

Thanks Jim, Yes to all above, using the original ccr controller,I can control the lights through the hardware utility , running the enhanced network, and updated on the firmware. i am wondering if i am setting them up wrong in the previewer or something like that?

Can you post a screen capture of the prop settings in the Preview Editor, and the Hardware Utility.

The original CCRs  don't use the enhanced network.   If you dont have a slower network to move them to already,  you will need to get another adapter.  

Doh  I see I contradicted Jim above.  I will look into that as I still have 16 original CCRs in my show. 

Edited by ItsMeBobO

9 minutes ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Doh  I see I contradicted Jim above.  I will look into that as I still have 16 original CCRs in my show. 

I may be wrong, but according to the Network speeds chart, original CCR, CCB, & CCP will do ELOR with new firmware.  I know my day 1 CCPs were flashed years ago and run on a 500K ELOR network just fine.

I use original CCR controllers on ELOR, pretty sure I had to upgrade the firmware. That was almost three years ago, it is hard to remember that long ago. 

Ok, got it figured out, there were a few things. They do need to run on a ELOR network. The main thing was I re set up the arches using the Light O rama device and them modifying it and checking the box for "enter channel on the first row and separate unit ID for each RGB string" . That seemed to do it. Thanks for all your help! I am sure I will be back with more questions as I keep working my way through this.

Rob

On 10/26/2021 at 10:45 AM, TheDucks said:

The key  has 2 parts. 1) is YOUR account. 2) is the level

So the dif may be just a few characters

To be honest, I never compare them, I just entered them into the dialog

It’s the same key for life 

• 2 weeks later...

I knew I would be back for something,lol I have done really well on the sequences and adding all the props and getting everything to work great. When running through the sequences it seems that some of images in the sequences are extremely bright which makes it hard to make out the images. Is there a way to adjust the brightness even if its for all the sequences? I know these are much brighter then the original ccr strips....i believe.

Need Help.

I was just setting up show and one of my 4 original generation CCR ribbons (using as arches) has failed.  I believe a tear near one of the soldered joints in the ribbons.  I have not attempted any repair yet.  I ordered two new CCR II controllers (with the two ribbons).  Not sure if they'll make it here in time.  Hoping they do is there any documentation or guidance on how to quickly swap arch effects in the sequencer from the old CCR to the new CCR II.  I am not going to have time to re-sequence everything through SuperStar and I am hoping I can just add the new HW to my Sequences and then copy and paste the CCR channels from the old to the new and that the SW will handle the mapping effect control to new HW.

If the CCR II is a whole new sequence mapping scheme then I may be out-of-luck for arches this year.

Using S5 Advanced Edition and running show on the 500.0k Fast OR network

Follow Mr P's advice.

Configure controller with the  Old ones ID. Plug and Play

(do disconnect the old one)