Light-O-Rama Forums

Stumped on configuration on San device elor and e682 in 5.6.4

Reefrus

I have upgraded my software to 5.6.4 and I am stumped on setting up configuration for the elor, I think I have tried idmx1000, dmx, rgb device. pixie and I can not get the lights to light. I made sure network preferences were set to e1.31. What am I missing?

ELOR is purely for LOR devices. Sandevices use E1.31 over ethernet.

LOR devices connect to the USB port via an RS 485 LOR adaptor. 

E1.31 devices connect to the Ethernet port of your PC and require a little bit of network knowledge.

You are talking about two completely different things which CANNOT be connected together even though they use the same cat 5 cables.

6 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

ELOR is purely for LOR devices. Sandevices use E1.31 over ethernet.

LOR devices connect to the USB port via an RS 485 LOR adaptor. 

E1.31 devices connect to the Ethernet port of your PC and require a little bit of network knowledge.

You are talking about two completely different things which CANNOT be connected together even though they use the same cat 5 cables.

Thanks for the reply Phil let me try to clarify. Before I upgraded to 5.6.4 the elor was set as LOR channels 15-16-17-18 controlling a e682 that controlled all my gece lights. I run my show off a mp3 director. My problem is now that I have upgraded to 5.6.4 when i add a device in preview I have tried every thing from lor to Idmx1000 and have not found the correct set up for the elor.

You skipped a few items in your first message.  Let me make sure I have this right.  Director > idmx - E682 > GECE lights.

As I recall, the idmx1000 does not support ELOR (but I could be wrong)

5 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

You skipped a few items in your first message.  Let me make sure I have this right.  Director > idmx - E682 > GECE lights.

The IDMX1000 does support ELOR

It does not support 1000K speed, DMX512 or e1.31 over ethernet

JR

Edited by dibblejr
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Unfortunately the iDMX manual is 14 years old and mentions that the latest LOR software version is S2 - about a decade before ELOR was introduced.  From the iDMX manual:

Important Considerations There are two versions of the LOR Showtime Windows software, LOR I and LOR II.

and

User Manual October 8, 2007 V1.01 Copyright © Light O Rama, Inc. 2007, 2008

Edited by k6ccc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

MP3 Director > ELOR - E682 > GECE lights.

This worked fine before I upgraded to 5.6.4 now I have not figured out how to set this up in 5.6.4 and make it work like it did in 4.4.16.

6 minutes ago, Reefrus said:

MP3 Director > ELOR - E682 > GECE lights.

OK, no IDMX in there.  I don't see how that could possibly work.  The E682 is strictly E1.31 input.  It never has had any LOR network capability.  Unless the Director has E1.31 output (and I don't think any do - but I don't use a director) there is no way this can work as described.

I agree with Jim 100%. An E682 HAS to be plugged into the Ethernet port of the computer. Plugging into a LOR network may fry something and vice versa.

33 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

I agree with Jim 100%. An E682 HAS to be plugged into the Ethernet port of the computer. Plugging into a LOR network may fry something and vice versa.

The
TheThe SanDevices ELOR is a protocol bridge that attaches to a LOR (Light‐O‐Rama) network and converts the LOR data into  E1.31 data suitable for driving E1.31‐based controllers.  It is typically used in conjunction with a pixel controller such as  the SanDevices  E681, but should be compatible with any E1.31 controller that accepts mThe SanDevices ELOR is a protocol bridge that attaches to a LOR (Light‐O‐Rama) network and converts the LOR data into  E1.31 data suitable for driving E1.31‐based controllers.  It is typically used in conjunction with a pixel controller such as  the SanDevices  E681, but should be compatible with any E1.31 controller that accepts multicast E1.31 data.  The ELOR  also provides a single universe of standard wired RS485 DMX out. 
Physically, the ELOR is a singlThe SanDevices ELOR is a protocol bridge that attaches to a LOR (Light‐O‐Rama) network and converts the LOR data into  E1.31 data suitable for driving E1.31‐based controllers.  It is typically used in conjunction with a pixel controller such as  the SanDevices  E681, but should be compatible with any E1.31 controller that accepts multicast E1.31 data.  The ELOR  also provides a single universe of standard wired RS485 DMX out. 
Physically, the ELOR is a single PC board measuring 2.5”x3.8”.   There are four 1/8” mounting holes on 2.2”x3.5” centers.   For outdoor use it is the user’s responsibility to provide a suitable enclosure.  When mounting the controller in an  enclosure, be sure to leave sufficient clearance at the top edge of the board to allow connection of the Ethernet cablee PC board measuring 2.5”x3.8”.   There are four 1/8” mounting holes on 2.2”x3.5” centers.   For outdoor use it is the user’s responsibility to provide a suitable enclosure.  When mounting the controller in an  enclosure, be sure to leave sufficient clearance at the top edge of the board to allow connection of the Ethernet cableulticast E1.31 data.  The ELOR  also provides a single universe of standard wired RS485 DMX out. 
Physically, the ELOR is a single PC board measuring 2.5”x3.8”.   There are four 1/8” mounting holes on 2.2”x3.5” centers.   For outdoor use it is the user’s responsibility to provide a suitable enclosure.  When mounting the controller in an  enclosure, be sure to leave sufficient clearance at the top edge of the board to allow connection of the Ethernet cable

1 minute ago, Reefrus said:

TheThe SanDevices ELOR is a protocol bridge that attaches to a LOR (Light‐O‐Rama) network and converts the LOR data into  E1.31 data suitable for driving E1.31‐based controllers.

That was the key piece of the puzzle.  I think we were all reading the ELOR in descriptions as Enhanced Light-O-Rama protocol - not a separate piece of hardware.  I don't think I knew that SanDevices ever built such a device - and it's not listed in any way on the SanDevices website that I could find....

Can't help you with any configuration for it.  Since it is not listed on the SanDevices website, I would guess that it is long since discontinued.  If that is the case, it very likely does not support Enhanced LOR protocol - and would therefore require non-enhanced LOR protocol.  That is just a wild slightly educated guess on my part.

Just now, PhilMassey said:

The manual  I found here is dated 2012.

https://manualzz.com/doc/23326009/operating-manual--sandevices-elor-light-o

Is dated 2012, which is back in the days of S2 I think. Enhanced LOR networks came significantly after that.

Same one I was reading, like I say it worked fine on version 4 but having all sorts of problems getting it to work on version 5

LOR protocol has not changed so it should still work - obviously non-enhanced and that old it may not support 500K speed either (I have not read the linked manual).