Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie 16/Not all Nodes Lighting Up

kzziboy

Hi Everyone!

JR Dib was trying to help me out with this on Facebook and I thank him, however I still don't have this solved.

I have 4 Gen 3 AC Controllers along with 2 Pixie 16's...one of which I included in my display last year for an RGB Tree.  It worked flawlessly.  No problem at all.  When I hooked it up it worked as it should.  THIS YEAR I have added another Pixie 16 to control the lights on my house.  I've got all the strings up and connected to the Pixie 16.  When I run the Hardware Utility, I can get ALL the lights to turn on.  I can change colors as well.  Every last light turns on.

HOWEVER,

When I turn on invididual ports, they either don't turn on the lights connected to that specific port, or if they do turn on, not all of the lights in that particular string turn on.  Likewise when I run the Sequencer and have it control the lights, they don't all turn on or display incorrectly.  I have no idea where to go from here.  I do have splices in my strings, but in many cases that's not where the lights stop working.  In one case I have 76 total nodes.  There's a run of 50 without a splice.  48 of the 50 turn on when running a sequence, but number 49 and 50 don't light up as well as the additional 26 that come after the splice.  I also have a string of 32 around a window.  Only about 6 or 7 turn on when running the sequencer.

But again, when I run the Hardware Utility, I CAN get every last node/light to turn on and display different colors.

Where do I go from here?  Very dissappointed at this point.
Thanks in advance.

Paul

28 minutes ago, kzziboy said:

Hi Everyone!

JR Dib was trying to help me out with this on Facebook and I thank him, however I still don't have this solved.

I have 4 Gen 3 AC Controllers along with 2 Pixie 16's...one of which I included in my display last year for an RGB Tree.  It worked flawlessly.  No problem at all.  When I hooked it up it worked as it should.  THIS YEAR I have added another Pixie 16 to control the lights on my house.  I've got all the strings up and connected to the Pixie 16.  When I run the Hardware Utility, I can get ALL the lights to turn on.  I can change colors as well.  Every last light turns on.

HOWEVER,

When I turn on invididual ports, they either don't turn on the lights connected to that specific port, or if they do turn on, not all of the lights in that particular string turn on.  Likewise when I run the Sequencer and have it control the lights, they don't all turn on or display incorrectly.  I have no idea where to go from here.  I do have splices in my strings, but in many cases that's not where the lights stop working.  In one case I have 76 total nodes.  There's a run of 50 without a splice.  48 of the 50 turn on when running a sequence, but number 49 and 50 don't light up as well as the additional 26 that come after the splice.  I also have a string of 32 around a window.  Only about 6 or 7 turn on when running the sequencer.

But again, when I run the Hardware Utility, I CAN get every last node/light to turn on and display different colors.

Where do I go from here?  Very dissappointed at this point.
Thanks in advance.

Paul

im not sure if we have spoken or if you are just referring to general answers based on your posts on FB. I assist so many I am not sure who you are. 

If your S5 version is showing correctly you should update that to the latest. It is stable.

What is your pixie16 firmware version?

Do you have the jumper on JP5?

Do you have the jumper on JP2?

Did you select 500 or 1000K in NP? (DO NOT SELECT 1000K)

IN HU did you adjust the "Logical Resolution"? For 95% of users that will never change and should be set at 50. It has nothing to do with the number of pixels. But it will def screw you up if it is changed.

Please answer the questions.

As I always do I am sure I stated in any of my posts if you have questions and want help you can contact me and I will troubleshoot with you. That way you get one person and not 100's that in some cases dont even know what a pixie16 is.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Hi JR,

Yes you were helping me on Facebook as well.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate you!  I'm sure you're buried with helping people that's why I put my problem on here too.

As for your questions, yes I went over everthing.

I updated the Pixie 16 to version 1.07.  There is no jumper on JP 4 or 5 and I DID put one on JP2 as you indicated before.  I have the enhanced network running at 500K.

I would love to give you a call and run through anything you can suggest.  One thing I read in a very recent post was someone having problems with a cat 5 cable.  I didn't try switching that yet, but I will.

1 minute ago, kzziboy said:

I missed one thing you mentioned on your post...

I'm running 5.6.4.  You would suggest I update to 5.6.6?

Thanks...

sent you a message. 5.6.4 or 6 should be fine. Much better than 5.3

JR