Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie 16 color correction help.

Box on Rails

I recently acquired 2 pixie 16 controllers from a friend and decided to use one of them for a 50x32 pixel Matrix, 32 LOR 50 pixel strings. 100 pixels per channel. I set it up and it plays great. The S5 software made it so easy to create the prop. but I have an issue with the colors the lights display. First let me state that the RGB colors are correct, Red is red, Blue is Blue and Green is green. The issue here is when I use blended colors. In the S5 software I will color a channel Yellow and in the preview window yellow is displayed but the lights display a light green. I color a channel pink and the lights display a purple. I can't get a good orange color for my Halloween display at all. I looked at the firmware and it's version 1.01. The current version is 1.06 but apparently my Pixie needs to be sent back to LOR to be updated. I'm sure there must be an adjustment I can do in HU. I am open to try anything that might help correct the color blending. I want to hold off on sending these two Pixie 16 to LOR unless I absolutely have to. Any help is welcomed. Thanks 

Create a HD ticket (button right above this thread) - tell them your controller is stuck at fw 1.01 and they will send you an RMA to get the firmware update.

Also the colors you mention are very difficult to get with any controller. Its trial by error and also based on the background behind the lights, like a wall.

They will not charge you to send it back if 1.01 and it doesn't take long to get it back to you, esp at this time of year.

I just sent one back last Friday.

I have a really good pumpkin color orange. I have posted it here before. I will try to find the colors and post back here.

FW 1.06 opens up a lot of options for you with the pixie16- one being 170 pixels per port. The colors will not change though.

JR

Edited by dibblejr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JR

👍 I remember fighting for my Pumpkin Orange. Yours was the best 💡

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

JR

👍 I remember fighting for my Pumpkin Orange. Yours was the best 💡

Do you happen to recall the numbers? I am out and about

Thanks

JR

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

Do you happen to recall the numbers? I am out and about

Thanks

JR

I was doing yard stuff.

I just found out that it is hard to get color info out of a sequence (the balloon goes away quickly): These may not be yours ( can't find the note).  Red 100%, Green 38%, No Blue (those were for HC bullets in ping-pong balls. I have another note 100,52,4 found in my show layout notebook 😧 )

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

I was doing yard stuff.

I just found out that it is hard to get color info out of a sequence (the balloon goes away quickly): These may not be yours ( can't find the note).  Red 100%, Green 38%, No Blue (those were for HC bullets in ping-pong balls. I have another note 100,52,4 found in my show layout notebook 😧 )

I think if you open the fade tool -S4 and the color picker in S5 and then click on the color it will show the hue values

I could be wrong but if you can’t I understand and I can look when I get home

Thank you for trying

That value could be correct though if the OP wants to try.

JR

Thanks guys. I opened up a ticket for the firmware and I'll keep plugging away on finding the colors I need. 

• Like 1

Green is a very strong color. A little goes a long way.

Try 60% red and 10% green as a starting point.

• Thanks 1